Design and integrate/implement solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs
systems management and integration functions. Analyzes science, engineering, business, and all other data processing problems application to electronic data processing systems. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software. Incorporates engineering strategies for introducing new technology into the Sponsor’s infrastructure-related business processes. Develops future technology and architectural advancements to support architectural strategy, technology migration, and integration and evolution.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
· Develop system requirement specifications based on user requirements and high-level system architecture
· Lead system architecture design and development activities
· Participate in collaborative engineering/development processes
· Design and integrate/implement systems by preparing system engineering management, system integration, and/or test plans
· Prepare the documentation for ATO or STIG compliance
Review new remote situational awareness sites with communication hardware, networking, and encryption requirements
· Current and active TS with the possibility of SCI
· Must be able to demonstrate working in an operational environment where priorities change frequently
· Requires three (3) years of experience specific to skill
· Education and relevant certifications may be substituted for years of experience. For example, candidates with an Associate’s degree equals 18 months of experience; Bachelor’s degree equals 3 years of experience; Master’s degree equals 5 years of experience; Doctorate equals 7 years of experience
· Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (months) of specialized experience
· Meet DoD 8570 requirements (Security + or Higher)
· Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Electrical engineering, Computer Engineering, or other closely related IT or Cyber discipline
· Experience with government networks and secure communications
· Vendor certifications such as those listed below are strongly preferred:
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
· Linux + or RHEL equivalent
· Agile Experience
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Potentially up to 25% to CONUS locations.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs-NSC
: Nov 7, 2020, 1:35:12 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
985 Space Center Drive Suite 350
Colorado Springs 80915
Capabilities: Cyber Security