Jacobs is looking for a motivated Senior Security Analyst to join our team in support of our client’s mission.
• The Cyber Security Business Analyst will be responsible for providing
tracking, analyzing, and requesting additional data to provide to executive
level decision makers. The analyst will work cross functionally to categorize
and recommend actionable intelligence to work events to closure.
• Produce weekly reports and communicate status on tracking of incidents.
• Provide comprehensive reviews of Incident Response activities, identify
realms of improvement, and engage resources to implementation.
• The ability to take lead on incident research when appropriate and be able
to work well with in a team environment.
• Identify cyber security issues and concerns, develop recommendations,
and draft supporting correspondence.
• Experience with Incident Management tracking tools (Remedy, RSA
Archer) and reporting ( Excel, PowerPoint).
• Basic understanding of any of the following tools: Splunk, Riverbed,
McAfee ePO, Symantec Endpoint, RSA Security Analytics, Wireshark,
Carbon Black, Tenable Security Center, ForeScout, or other information
• Ability to fully coordinate Incident Response activities across a team of
multiple analysts with little to know supervision from management.
• Conduct research on emerging security threats
• Supports SOC analysis as requested.
• Participate in helping to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
standards and guidance’s.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of Information Technology Security with a Bachelor's
Degree and 1-3 security operations center or incident response experience
or equivalent military experience.
• Must be well versed and have a strong foundational understanding of
Cybersecurity best practices and demonstrated knowledge of PII protection
• Must have at least one (1) certification in the field of information security
from a respectable security organization. Desirable certifications include,
but not limited to: GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, GSEC, CEH, CISSP,
CCNA (Security) or equivalent Certifications.
• Excellent customer service skills and presentation skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
• Forensic and Malware Analysis experiences
• Cyber Threat and Intelligence gathering and analysis
• Experience reporting to C-level executives on SOC Operations, Incident
Response efforts, and developing projects.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Primary Location: United States-District Of Columbia-Washington-20364-GSD2
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2020, 1:51:23 AM
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
10 G Street NE
Capabilities: Cyber Security