DescriptionWe are looking for an experienced and collaborative Senior Proposal Coordinator who reports directly to the Division Vice President of Proposal Operations. The Senior Proposal Coordinator has the responsibility of working with proposal managers and proposal teams and is responsible for all administrative aspects of proposal development during all phases of Jacobs’ proposal process in response to industry requests for proposals. The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through will be the keys to success.
This role keeps Jacobs connected and is supported with the tools to be successful. With curiosity, talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, and extreme organizational skills, we provide the tools to support the growth, practice, and fulfillment for career success – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist proposal managers in supervision of the proposal process to create high quality responses to requests for proposals and Government solicitations.
• Assist proposal managers in maintaining the proposal schedule, proposal files, and outlines in accordance with solicitation requirements and the proposal review process.
• Proactively identifies and assists in resolving issues.
• Facilitates desktop publishing, graphics, editing and reproduction activities through the proposal lifecycle.
• Collaborates with a wide range of personnel to facilitate efficient and effective proposal development.
• Works closely with proposal manager to support color reviews, scheduling, sending review invites/information, preparing review materials, and consolidating review comments.
• Assists the proposal manager in reviewing proposal artifacts for compliance and responsiveness against solicitation requirements.
• Supports proposal manager with SharePoint site, user access, artifact population, and backup.
• Serves as back up to the proposal manager in cases where he/she is not available to host stand-up calls or answer questions.
• Office environment. Some travel (10%) may be required.
Qualifications• High school diploma and ten (10) years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of experience in a defined proposal-related role.
• Ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Experience assisting in the preparation and maintenance of proposal related artifacts (compliance matrix/outline, proposal schedule, and cross-reference matrix).
• Excellent interpersonal communication (written and oral) skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to productively collaborate with a wide range of personality types.
• Experience supporting local and virtual teams across various geographical locations.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Excellent computer skills, including high level of proficiency with SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe.
• Experience responding to RFIs, Market Surveys, and Task Order RFPs
• Experience editing, formatting, and producing compliant proposal submissions.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Herndon-20028-VAD8
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2020, 1:59:46 AM
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2551 Dulles View Drive
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities