Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Candidate will be a member of the TOSC Test Conductor Office and will help lead the development and execution of integrated testing for NASA's Exploration Ground Systems (EGS).
Responsible for the safe execution of Orion MPPF testing, SLS Integrated Testing and all Ground Systems testing for EGS and International Space Station Operations
Responsible for authoring and executing work plans for Integrated Test and Check out and Integrated Systems Verification and Validation.
Manages and oversees EGS firing room console activities for flight and ground hardware processing.
Engineering Integration Test Team Member supporting firing room console activities whose responsibilities include the integration of technical activities on flight and ground hardware processing and the resolution of real time problems and issues as they occur.
Support the development and execution of LCC, OMRS and other test requirements for EGS, SLS and Orion Programs.
Perform other duties as assigned.
BS degree in appropriate engineering field from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of four (4) years of direct progressive and relevant experience.
Previous Integration experience on Launch Vehicle Systems and/or Ground Support Systems including the development of operational test plans is desirable.
Previous experience with hypergolic fueling operations is highly desirable
Must have the ability to read engineering schematics, drawings and develop troubleshooting plans
Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Must be able to work off shifts and weekends
Excellent communication, presentation and customer interface skills required with a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Experience with MAXIMO and SOLUMINA is desirable
Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
: United States-Florida-Kennedy Space Center-20339-KSC
: Nov 9, 2020, 7:49:32 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Kennedy Space Center 32899
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities