Jacobs is looking for an Electronics Technician in Quantico, VA with an active Top Secret clearance.
• Daily perform validation tests (new features and/or fixes) on software and/or hardware (including firmware) upgrades received from 3'' party vendor~/manufacturers on cell-site simulators Weekly or bi-weekly work with 3'' party vendors/manufacturers of equipment, to maintain knowledge of and obtain new software/hardware (including firmware) releases or fixes
• Perform functional testing on systems that are returned from 3'' party vendors/manufacturers or other field offices, and coordinate their repair with the vendors (i.e. coordinate RMA and shipping with the unit's shipping logistical personnel)
• Weekly or biweekly, update internal program's inventory records upon completion of upgrades and/or deployments to other field offices
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Removing, repairing, modifying, servicing, and installing various types of electronic components, including but not limited to electronic transmitting, receiving and GPS equipment
• Assembling, soldering, connecting, and inter-wiring electronic components; performing maintenance, alignment, configuration, and testing of equipment; following engineering drawings, schematics, safety procedures, standards, and technical manuals to accomplish assigned tasks
• Demonstrating working knowledge of DC circuit troubleshooting and repair, basic electronics test equipment, and an understanding of GPS systems
Must have experience with weekly assigned quality assurance/functional testing of state-of-the-art GPS and RF (cellular and satellite based) tracking devices, systems, and peripherals; Assemble tracking devices and custom circuitry, per field requests, and ensure there is a sufficient supply for emergencies; Interface with the Geospatial information Systems Program (GISP) in order to maintain the Access Control List for tracking devices; Provide status reports, cross-training, and documentation support.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Quantico
: Nov 9, 2020, 10:20:51 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities