The Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) is a dynamic, forward-leaning organization, on the cutting edge of cybersecurity, DevSecOps, cloud computing, big data analysis, and other advanced technologies. JITC is the Department of Defense’s Joint Interoperability Certifier and the only non-service operational test agency for information technology and national security systems. As a member of the Jacobs team at JITC, your expertise and skill will support risk-based test, evaluation and certification services, ensuring the C4ISR systems scheduled for fielding to our nation's warfighters function as designed, are fully interoperable, and support mission requirements.
Jacobs is seeking an experienced network/systems engineer that will provide system administration and technical support; to include planning, design, and configuration, to the JITC test lab facilities and equipment located at JITC Fort George Meade (FGGM), MD. This position will provide organizational level systems administration support on communications, computer and computer based systems and provide vendor interface for the research and assessment of new and emerging technologies.
- Lead network design, layout and develop baseline configuration for test lab.
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements and provide recommendations.
- Design and build the hardware and software components for telecommunication test networks.
- Validate Risk Management Element (RME) mandated security guidelines and directives are current.
- Assist with data calls, gathering pertinent data, and correlating submission.
- Create, edit, and maintain all JITC FGGM laboratory supporting documentation including, but not limited to diagrams, and SOP/RMF documents, as well as storing configurations of network elements.
- Draft plans identifying current capabilities, areas of concern or inefficiencies, and analysis of alternatives for short term and long-term goals/courses of action (COAs).
- Create and maintain Lab standard operating procedures which addresses all physical lab locations, configuration management of test equipment, software, test tools, and test data of all Cybersecurity labs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree and at least 8 years of experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience.
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master's degree.
- Experience with Juniper/Cisco routers and routing-instances.
- Experience with WAN and VPN solutions
- Strong Wireless Network Troubleshooting and configuration skills
- Install, configure, manage, and optimize VMware solutions
- Knowledge of ITIL Change & Configuration Management
- Highly proficient in both written and verbal communications amongst a diverse audience of stakeholders.
- Must have ability to work independently or as a member of a team focused on meeting delivery deadlines within a defined schedule.
- Have practical and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Current or former Cisco certifications, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, etc.
- VMWare Certified Professional
Required Clearance: Secret
Required Certification: Requires at least 1 certification in area of specialization. Additional certifications in the area of specialization may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Strong VMWare background
- Experience with Network Access Controls 802.1x.
- Experience with test instrumentation and/or test automation tools
- Recent network experience with JITC or a DOD Agency
- MS Office skills (MS Visio/PowerPoint)
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a diverse team of test/system engineers
- DOD IAT Level 3 certification is desired.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work-related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Continental travel may be required. Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
Other Essential Functions
Must always demonstrate professional behavior when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Fort Meade-20341-JITC-02
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Nov 10, 2020, 3:04:14 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Fort Meade 20755
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities