Jacobs is looking for a Desktop O&M Technician at our Tysons Corner, VA location. Duties will include:
The Desktop O&M Tech is responsible for testing, repairing and deploying a wide variety of servers and workstations in support of a global telecommunications network. This technician is required to make lowest repairable unit (LRU) repairs for servers, workstations and associated peripheral devices such as keyboards and mice. On a daily basis the Desktop Support Tech is required to monitor actions for a timely repair to meet the customer Service Level Target (SLT). Additionally, the technician is responsible for documenting their actions in a Database Management System, which serves as a knowledge base used as a reference for researching issues. The employee has full discretion and independent judgment as it relates to the incident tickets.
- Respond to all technical issues that are outside of the norm
- Assist the installation team with new desktop configurations when needed
- Answer technical questions
- Maintain the parts list for new products and product changes
- Dispatch to various sites in the WMA to work with technicians to resolve complex issues
- Test documentation provided by the Product Integration Team and make corrections/recommendations
- Address build outages and/or issues with builds, configurations, drops, servers, and port security
Note to Virginia Job Seekers: Jacobs ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact the Human Resources Director at our Arlington, VA office at 571-218-1000. Persons with hearing-and speech-impairments can contact Jacobs by using the Virginia Relay Service, a toll-free telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD). Call 711 for TTY/TDD.
- Active TS/SCI with Polygraph level security clearance
- Two (2) years of college in a computer field and five (5) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education or experience for a total of seven (7) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for one (1) year of education or experience requirements.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office product suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint)
- Must pay attention to detail, provide good customer service and remain alert at all times.
- Must have experience with CPC operating System & peripheral knowledge, basic understanding of PC to network connectivity, basic understanding of DHCP
- Prior experience with cable testers, link runner/Flukes, COTS IT products and ticketing systems
- The employee can make independent decisions that deal with the daily schedule and work to be accomplished.
- The employee is not involved with personnel or compensation decisions.
- Ability to analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan layout, including type of computers and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Ability to analyze user needs and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Willingness to update knowledge and skills to keep up with rapid advancements in computer technology.
Employees may experience extended periods of standing, walking, climbing, bending, crouching, and lifting light to moderately heavy objects and equipment. Use of ladders or scaffolding may be required with the use of required safety equipment. Employees may be exposed to potential health hazards.
General Office environment:
The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Customer and Personal Service:
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Other Essential Functions/Characteristics:
An Information Technology Generalist proficient in many facets of information technology requirements. The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so.
Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be a US citizen.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-AP2
: Nov 11, 2020, 12:21:16 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Logistics Operations