DescriptionThriving communities. Healthy cities. Diverse experience. A brighter future. Continuous learning and growth. What we do is more than building roads and bridges; we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community, join us as a Transportation and Infrastructure Growth Leader.
As the South Dakota Transportation and Infrastructure Growth Leader, you’ll be part of our Northwest Senior Leadership Team and have the chance to grow and manage a multi-discipline team of technical resources in delivering transportation and other infrastructure projects and programs from planning through design and construction management. In this role you’ll assist in forming client outreach strategies and relationship development actions, identify key pursuits and lead positioning and delivery efforts. Working with other members of the team, you’ll share in the development and growth of our internal structure which promotes autonomy and allows for great opportunities to deliver local projects in South Dakota and our markets in the Midwest, Rocky Mountains and Northwest. Your knowledge of South Dakota will include local governments, special authorities, decision makers, key stakeholders, and short- and long-range capital improvement plans will be key to your success. You will use your experience with delivering transportation and other infrastructure projects from conceptual design through final design and into operations. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
• Telework position; 1-hour proximity to Sioux Falls, SD or Pierre, SD preferred. South Dakota residence required.
Other Aspects of this Position:
• You'll have the ability to work from home, providing you the opportunity to develop your own flexible schedule and achieve your desired work-life balance. Jacobs has fully integrated teleworking into our operations and delivery platforms, and you will be part over professionals who live in the Midwest as teleworkers while engaging in local, regional, national, and international projects. You will be fully supported by regional and national IT teams to establish a fully-functioning home office.
• You'll integrate with our local teams who are committed to growing our professional services portfolio in South Dakota and nearby states delivering the most challenging and complex infrastructure projects for our clients.
• You'll build upon your understanding of alternative project delivery models including design-build, progressive design-build, CM/GC (or construction manager at risk, varies by state), public-private partnerships (3P) as you develop the skill sets to serve as a project manager or design manager for our industry-leading practice teams.
• You'll be a key part leading and building client service teams for South Dakota and Midwest clients, helping develop and implement our transportation market growth strategy through direct in-person and virtual interactions with client organizations.
• You will lead or support building strategic win-win relationships with other consulting firms and contractors as partners.
• You'll have the opportunity to immediately engage with existing projects in the role that best fits your skill sets and supports your career objectives.
• You'll be part of a broader Northwest and Midwest team delivering challenging local, state and federal transportation projects in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, and South Dakota.
• You'll have the opportunities to engage with planning and design professionals through our internal technical and social communities to help you grow your technical skill sets, engage with peers and mentors, and gain awareness of our global technology and project delivery platforms.
• As you grow in this position, you will have opportunities to work on projects across Jacobs as you desire, and as fits with your desired work-life balance.
QualificationsHere's What You’ll Need:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
• BS degree in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline
• At least 20 years of progressive experience in capital improvements with a specialty in transportation projects ; Client-specific experience performing South Dakota DOT and local city and county projects preferred.
• At least 10 years of project management experience; Client-specific experience managing South Dakota DOT and local city and county projects preferred.
• Professional Engineering registration (PE) in South Dakota, or the ability to obtain licensure within 6 months of hire.
Primary Location: United States-South Dakota-Sioux Falls
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Nov 11, 2020, 6:43:02 AM
Job: Project Management
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Highway and Roads