Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of an Electrical Design and Test Engineer to join our team. Do you have the following skills?
The Electrical Design and Test Engineer will:
- Provide support including sustaining and working with hardware and software in the areas of design, installation, testing and troubleshooting.
- This includes creating hardware and software system design and installation drawings and procedures, troubleshooting with electrical test equipment (i.e. voltmeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Design unique tests fixtures and methods for advanced development test programs for the International Space Station, Orion and Commercial Crew.
- Provide support in the Energy Systems Test Area with electrical engineering design, test and maintenance functions.
- Maintain the high level of technical excellence for all tasks to ensure the highest quality of technical products including test setups, development setups, and documentation generation.
- Perform other duties as required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the Electrical Engineering field.
- Must have electrical design experience.
- Must be familiar with electrical test equipment (i.e. voltmeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.).
- Must have experience troubleshooting systems as well as creating drawings and procedures for electrical systems.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Experience planning and establishing work priorities.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with National Instruments data acquisition equipment and software (LabView) and Diadem.
- Experience with CAD, instrumentation, data acquisition and controls.
- Experience with FPGA and real time Data Acquisition and Control systems.
- Exposure to environments such as thermal and vacuum systems.
- Experience with other software packages such as CREO, MatLab, Altium, Igor, and Graphite.
Why Work for Jacobs?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(Please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit www.wehavespaceforyou.com
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
: United States-Texas-Houston-20331-ESCG
: Nov 14, 2020, 5:52:33 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2224 Bay Area Boulevard
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities