You’re following your purpose- and there’s still more to come. Keep developing your skills and explore all that you can do across our global company. As part of Jacobs’ Corporate Accounting team, you’ll join a group of strategic-focused professionals who work with process owners worldwide. Along with your team, you’ll oversee process owners in the preparation and updating of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) narratives, flowcharts and internal control matrices, organizing and assisting in the SOX testing process, and providing input for remediation of identified control weaknesses and exceptions. You’ll assist with the analysis as to whether they rise to the level of deficiencies, significant deficiencies, or material weaknesses. Here are some other ways that you’ll contribute to your team’s success:
- Foster the global SOX compliance program including preparation of appropriate planning, communicating with process owners and all SOX stakeholders, coordination of testing, evaluating and determining the significance of exceptions, and reporting to the SOX Director
- Review and annual processing of internal control documents, including process narratives, flowcharts and internal control matrices, for all significant processes to ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Coordinate with internal audit and process owners the performance of walkthroughs for internal controls documentation, ensuring that documentation is complete, properly supported, controls are performed as documented, and verify the controls address the relevant risks.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors in their testing of controls and remediation.
- Preparation of appropriate test plans for execution
- Assist with supervising third-party direct service providers utilized as SOX resources
- Demonstrate and share knowledge of current industry, company, and audit issues and best practices that impact SOX compliance
At Jacobs, we challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a rewarding career working with the industry’s best and most innovative professionals, then Jacobs is where you belong.
Here's what you’ll need:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CIA designation preferred
- Extensive audit / accounting experience, with experience in SOX compliance and internal controls in public company environment
- Knowledge of SOX financial reporting control principles and related information technology controls, US GAAP and US GAAS
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prior experience in evaluating end-to-end SOX programs- from process documentation maintenance through management reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects, working with diverse teams, team members who do not necessarily report into this function, or have a background in financial accounting or internal controls.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated, proactive and detail oriented.
- Proficient computer and accounting software skills- Oracle and/or SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
: United States-Texas-Dallas-US - Working At Home (PST)
: Nov 14, 2020, 3:06:24 AM
: Corporate Functions
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US - Working At Home (PST)
Capabilities: Corporate Functions and Services