Jacobs provides information technology solutions and services to a broad range of both Government and private industry, including Department of Defense, Federal Civilian agencies, healthcare, education, and small/medium business market. Our analysts, engineers, and technicians are highly trained, qualified subject matter experts, understanding each segments specialized business processes, requirements, and functions. Combined with an extensive IT background, Information Solutions Group's enhanced IT services enable our clients to analyze existing business processes, identify process improvements, evaluate associated risks, and develop operational solutions. The System Administrator – Senior will perform work at the United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) at Scott Air Force Base, IL.
Senior System Administrator is responsible for:
• Ensure Tier II troubleshooting support for incidents occurs within one (1) business day after receipt of request during normal business hours
• Develop long-term requirements for systems operations included in the overall information systems planning
• Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software related to the Customer’s information system
• Implement Customer enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
• Install, configure, and maintain OS servers, including Apache web servers, in support of business requirements
• Must be able to respond to hardware/software problems within 15 minutes of initial report during normal business hours and be on call after duty hours with a two (2) hour response time
• Be able to document troubleshooting and resolutions
• Monitor, maintain, and optimize operating systems, applications, and vendor specific software supporting the servers and peripheral equipment
• Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
• Schedule installations, upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
• Ensure server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
• Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services
• Develop and promote standard operating procedures
• Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established Government standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
The selected candidate must have the following:
• Experience with: Microsoft Windows Server, RHEL, PERL, UNIX Scripting, Microfocus Silk Performer, MySQL, Oracle DB and Solaris Operating Systems
• Demonstrated experience operating and maintaining both physical, virtual servers and virtual box
• Ability to support 24-hour Weekend/Holiday On-Call Operations and respond onsite within two (2) hours of notification
• The ability to support roughly 3 contingency/emergency/exercise periods per year
Some travel is expected for this role and is estimated at 10-15%.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience. An IAT Level II certification is required. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required.
Inside office/cubicle environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Equipment and Machines
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one-hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required (1%). Must be able to support 24-hour Weekend/Holiday On-Call Operations and respond onsite within two (2) hours of notification and roughly 3 contingency/emergency/exercise periods per year.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. An IAT Level II certification is required. The minimum of an interim Secret level DoD Security Clearance is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Illinois-Scott AFB-20315-ISCT
: Nov 17, 2020, 1:53:11 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Scott AFB 62225
Capabilities: Enterprise IT