Summary/General Description of Job:
The Heavy Duty and Diesel Mechanic diagnoses, adjusts, repairs and overhauls buses and trucks, and maintains and repairs various of diesel engines. The incumbent will also perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of trucks, buses, emergency response vehicles, all types of trailers, heavy equipment, including railroad locomotives and associated rolling stock, and all types of diesel engines.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Includes working with automotive, industrial, locomotive, and marine diesel engines.
- Operates and inspects machines and equipment to diagnose defects.
- Maintains, repairs, and rebuilds power equipment, such as power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, bulldozers, pumps, compressors, generators, locomotives, railcars, buses, heavy trucks, trailers, fire engines, snow removal equipment, and armored personnel carriers.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment to OEM specifications and Navy standards, using various lifting equipment, hand and pneumatic tools.
- Examines equipment and parts for damage and wear using calibrated measuring tools.
- Repairs and replaces diesel engines and subassemblies, such as air systems, cooling systems, starting and charging systems.
- Repairs vehicle chassis, electrical systems, drive trains, brake systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Repairs and rebuilds broken parts and structural members using welding and other fabrication techniques.
- Maintains and repairs certified systems, such as fire apparatus and bucket trucks using approve manufacturer and customer procedures.
- Operates and inspects machines and equipment to diagnose component defects and performs repairs.
- Operates heavy lift towing and recovery equipment in accordance with approved procedures.
- Identifies and researches replacement parts for order.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
May perform work in other classifications when incidental work is necessary to the accomplishment of the work assignment. Significant work in another job classification may be required if accompanied by any wage adjustments applicable.
- The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the mechanic field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Timely and cost-effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established company safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with company Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Four years’ experience as heavy equipment mechanic in commercial or governmental repair work.
- Must have full knowledge of and the ability to troubleshoot and repair diesel engines, associated power trains, air and hydraulic brake systems, and all other vehicular component parts.
- Must have a working knowledge and ability to diagnose automotive electrical and computer controlled systems.
- Must have and maintain hand tools of the trade to perform the normal work of the classifications. Must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s License with acceptable driving record. Must obtain and maintain valid Washington State commercial “A” combination driver’s license within 6 months.
- Must meet and maintain Company physical and security requirements and clearance eligibility when required.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Must possess good communication skills for a service team environment.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- U.S. Citizenship.
: United States-Washington-Silverdale-20353-BGR
: Nov 18, 2020, 12:10:40 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
T-075 Skate Street
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities