Job Description (describe the day-to-day):
The Sponsor’s program is responsible for the development and maintenance of network automation services that allow for the reliable, secure, rapid delivery of network changes to support mission needs. The operating environment for this capability will be a mix of the Amazon AWS cloud and on-premises Linux servers that will be accessible on multiple classification levels in a DevOps environment.
The Sponsor uses the Agile Scrum development methodology. The resources shall be familiar with Scrum. All resources shall complete tasks within the Sponsor approved sprint cycle timeframe and use the Sponsor’s project work tracking system to track all tasks and user stories.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Developing Python code, Ansible playbooks, YANG schemas, XML templates, and other elements part of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Working with DevOps tools to support the SDLC, to include Git/Github, Jenkins, etc.
- Working with data stored in relational databases, such as SQL
- Working with RESTful APIs to retrieve information from different systems
- Constantly seek ways to improve the deployed product and streamline the user experience to bring speed to the application as performance and ease of use to find information are the application’s main selling point
- In responding to work orders, be able anticipate integration efforts and critical paths in the development time line.
- Manage and execute the development, integration and testing on time.
- Executes and creates test plans and clear, concise test scripts for new products or enhancements to existing products. Defines comprehensive scenarios and variations in data to adequately perform testing.
- Ensures proper automated integration &/or regression test coverage (using pyTest, etc) is included for new user stories developed in agile sprints.
- Proactively schedules and performs functional, integration, regression, and release testing; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected. Report tests results and status as appropriate. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure.
- Reviews and provides feedback on requirements, design, and scope documents.
- Interacts with development team to identify and refine test requirements.
- Prepares test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements.
- Follow all customer network and application development security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
The employee shall possess experience working in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or the Sponsor’s cloud environment. The Contractor shall have experience or familiarity in DevOps and programs that operate in a continuous integration/continuous deployment paradigm. The Contractor shall also possess requisite skills and expertise needs to successfully perform and deliver the development and information security accreditation requirements as requested by the Sponsor.
- Active TS SCI with Poly Required
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive, relevant experience or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with object oriented computer programming
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Python
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of common operating systems: Windows, UNIX, Linux.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with of Information Assurance concepts
- Experience applying rigorous System Engineering practice to requirement flow-down and Verification & Validation (V&V).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Git / GitHub
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Jenkins and CI/CD pipelines
- Willingness to learn / knows Network Engineering principles
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with AWS
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with System Administration
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Regular Expressions(RegEx)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Java or equivalent programming languages
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Operating System Scripting in Linux
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-starter and work well in a high performance team environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, constantly changing environment.
- Understand requirements analysis and software development time estimation in an agile development environment via Sprints.
- Familiar with code refactoring, object oriented programming, procedural programming, and web services
- Knowledge of web application client side and server side development and how they work together.
- Software architecture, design, coding, integration, testing, and deployment of back-end application code hosted on a Linux system.
Desired Requirements (nice to have but not required):
- Demonstrated knowledge of Routing and Switching systems (Cisco or Juniper); understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Experience with Cisco IOS, IOS XE, IOS XR, NXOS, ASA, Juniper JUNOS
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Ansible
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Jinja2 Templates
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with YANG
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with XML
- RESTful API integration and development
- Experience with network automation and network management is highly desirable.
Essential Functions (Enter essential functions that are not listed below under the relevant header):
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Herndon
: Nov 18, 2020, 2:08:40 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities