Jacobs provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
Ensuring your personal safety, the safety of co-workers and customers is a primary duty.
Supporting various groups by rigging: including scaffolding, pick-boards, spider staging equipment, and fall protection.
Knowledgeable of local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations to safely rig and move objects.
Must have a valid driver's license.Work from written, electronic or verbal instructions, blueprints, diagrams, schematics, vendor manuals and applicable specifications and codes.
Must be able to obtain and maintain certifications, licenses, permits, etc. to operate various types of equipment to include forklifts, aerial platforms.
Maintain logs, records, charts, etc., as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Six years of experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training in a designated field, craft, or trade that can be documented by a certificate or diploma from a reputable organization, school, or trade program.
- Effective verbal and written communicate skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to hold the necessary security clearances.
- Ability to hold necessary physical certifications.
- Requires the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and managers.
- Visual and physical (hands on) contact of rigging related systems, hardware, articles.
- Requires climbing, crawling, bending, and body mobility, corrected vision, lifting, carrying, exerting pressure up to 35lbs. Must successfully pass high worker physical
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
- Work will mainly performed in an inside environment, but fieldwork can be a combination of inside and outside depending on the project.
- Working at heights is required and confined spaces may be required.
- Work among equipment and stations in support of launches or stand-by.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
Equipment and Machines
- Safety and personal protective equipment such as fall protection equipment as well as general PPE Fork Lift, pendant operated Over Head Cranes.
- Various hand tools.
- Operate computer terminals, personal computers, and related computer peripheral equipment to maintain/adjust database logs and records, print documents and record work performance.
- Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine, and other office equipment including desk supplies.
- Work assignments are normally 8 hours shifts, 5 consecutive days per week
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Occasional overtime, sometimes with short notice, is required to meet demanding schedule
Other Essential Functions
If offered a position, proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States is required.
Government security clearance may be required in the future.
Ability to obtain certifications required to perform tasks assigned.
Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must pass a federal background investigation.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
These essential functions may be amended prior to an offer of employment.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Florida-Kennedy Space Center-20339-KSC
: Nov 18, 2020, 8:44:46 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Kennedy Space Center 32899
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities