When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve tomorrow. We’re looking for a Senior Environmental Project Manager to lead site characterization and remediation projects for private-sector clients. You’ll apply your technical experience in soil and groundwater remediation to develop strategies and work plans while championing safety, quality and the well-being of your team.
Based in Chicago, you’ll have the opportunity to lead remediation projects for private clients in an assortment of manufacturing, mining, rail, chemicals, and oil and gas projects. We’ll count on you to coordinate with subcontractors and internal support staff and subject matter experts as well as conduct day-to-day interaction with our clients and regulators. You’ll also use your technical skills and experience to analyze data; prepare technical reports; and design and implement pilot studies and remedial systems for sites impacted by chlorinated volatile organic compounds, petroleum-related compounds, and other environmental contaminants. You’ll grow your career as you interact with a key client to grow our business while mentoring and nurturing new junior technical experts. You’ll apply innovative techniques to projects related to chlorinated solvents, DNAPL treatment technologies, vapor intrusion mitigation systems, remediation systems, engineered barriers, and integrated digital data collection. Our global team is here to provide you with the tools to keep your career growing as well as those around you. By driving consistency and innovation across site characterization and remediation projects, you’ll help your team achieve the clients’ goals.
Ideally, You'll Also Have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in environmental engineering, civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, geology or other closely related technical degree.
- Professional experience as a Project Manager leading complex environmental remediation projects including site investigations/characterizations, remedial investigations, feasibility studies, engineering evaluations, remedial designs/actions, installing and optimizing remediation systems and construction management with direct coordination and participation with the client. Project values should be over $500K annually and involve multiple task orders. Knowledge of State and Federal environmental regulations, including USEPA, CERCLA and RCRA.
- Experience working closely with various stakeholders other than regulators, including third party property owners, municipal governments, and department of public works officials.
- Financial acumen with experience understanding and preparing project budgets, monthly financial forecasts, and invoicing.
- HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain and maintain.
- Local or willing to relocate to Chicago, IL.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Professional Engineer, Geologist or Project Management Professional (P.E., P.G, or PMP)
- Strong writing, interpersonal, and client relations skills
- Experience working with private clients in the manufacturing, mining, rail, chemicals, and oil and gas industry
: United States-Illinois-Chicago-US IL Chicago - W Higgins Rd
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Nov 19, 2020, 11:38:29 PM
: Project Management
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US IL Chicago - W Higgins Rd
8735 W Higgins Road Suite 400
Capabilities: Site Remediation and Revitalization