Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Mobile Device Support Specialist with experience in supporting applications on mobile devices for a broad spectrum of mobile operating systems (i.e. Apple iOS, Android OS, etc.). Responsible for providing basic technical support, troubleshooting, monitoring, and maintaining equipment relative to the Agency's designated MDM, Active Directory, designated enterprise messaging system, various mobile device hardware, and mobile device operating systems.
Typical duties include:
- Manage trouble tickets using the client designated corporate ticketing system
- Provide basic troubleshooting and problem resolution proficiencies in the following: Mobile Device Hardware from multiple vendors such as Apple, BlackBerry, and Samsung Mobile Device Software Operating Systems from multiple vendors such as iOS, Android, and BlackBerry
- Manage cellular lines of service to include but not limited to; Correct charge for service plan, adding/removing lines of service and adjusting global plans as needed
- Administer MDM accounts directly related to the mobile device such in support of login
- Download users singing and encryption certs from DISA and install on the individual user’s device
- Troubleshoot and resolve mobile device issues or problems with device hardware and software
- Troubleshoot wireless carrier network services such as voice, data, Short Message Service (SMS), Multimedia Messaging Services (MMS), data tethering, mobile hot spot, management of carrier mobile telephone numbers between devices, etc.
- Provide input to design requirements associated with continued installation, integration, and testing of the smart phone information systems
- Assist in maintaining a reference library to include, but not limited to, creating end user tips and tricks, creating and responding to end user FAQs, providing input to HQ USSOCOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Support HQ USSOCOM in developing and maintaining all technical and procedural documentation pertaining to client designated enterprise mobile device configurations, technical support, processes, and procedures
- Provide user familiarization and guidance for client designated enterprise mobile device functions as requested
- Escalate trouble tickets with the appropriate Tier 3 support when more advanced troubleshooting is required
- Configure and enterprise enroll/activate client designated mobile devices with current client approved upgrades to device firmware, operating system patches and versions based on troubleshooting resolution and device reassignments
- Assist with the enterprise mobile device refresh period by providing Tier 2 MDM support and enterprise deployment of client refresh enterprise mobile devices
- Adhere to client property processes in accordance with client policy
- Process replacement devices (seed stock) between vendor and end users as required
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
Educational Requirements: None
- DoDD 8570-M IAT II or higher
- Knowledge of iPhone and Samsung hand held devices a plus.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting).
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying boxes of supplies or files up to 25 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
- May require climbing, working at heights and in small confined spaces such as under raised floors, inside closets and server racks. Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel or crouch for long periods of time. Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperature than standard office environmental conditions. Lift and transport equipment up to 50 pounds.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
- Servers, switches, routers and other computer equipment that supports the network environment.
- Operating hand tools, power tools, ladders and test equipment.
- May require operating motor vehicles.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory.
- It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions
- Continental and Oversees travel may be required. It is important to maintain a current passport.
Other Essential Functions
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of government, military and contractor personnel at all levels.
- Candidate must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress usually business casual, but dependent on client’s standards. Must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-California-Coronado-20315-ECOR
: Nov 23, 2020, 8:11:39 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
3632 Tulagi Road
Capabilities: Enterprise IT