Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Web Engineers must understand SharePoint farm architectures, installation processes, performing scripted installations, configuring, STIG’ing and securing a farm environment. Web Engineers need to be familiar with all functionality of SharePoint Central Administration, Shared Services, Managed Metadata, Enterprise Services, STSADM commands, PowerShell scripting and how the services and functions affect the entire SharePoint farm. This position will be required to monitor and manage server health and functionality, access permissions, usage, events and messages, and ensuring the environment conforms to governance requirements and security standards. Web Engineers should also have exceptional troubleshooting skills that can aid on isolating an issue rapidly. Troubleshooting skills are required both on the server administration side as well as the customer facing side of the SharePoint and other web environments. Web Engineers should have a broad knowledge of Windows networking, authentication, and user identity protocols, particularly Kerberos and SAML. They should also be comfortable with using a variety of utilities such as Network Monitor, Fiddler, and LDAP browsers.
In addition, the SharePoint Engineer should have strong skills in the following areas:
- SharePoint 2010-2016
- IIS Manager and IIS 7/8 architecture
- SQL Server 2008/2012
- Office Web Applications
- SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Workflow Manager
- Server Manager
- Active Directory
- Network/Service Load Balancing Technologies
- Event Viewer and Performance Monitor
- Analyzing IIS and ULS logs
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
Educational Requirements: B.S, in Computer Science/MIS. Substitution of education for specialized experience acceptable for candidates that can demonstrate expert-level knowledge in SharePoint technologies.
- DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II * or higher AND any of the following
- SharePoint MCSE
- MCSE: Productivity
- MCSD: Web Apps
- Microsoft Certified Expert
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- AWS Sys Ops Associate
- Must have at least 5 years of general experience in a SharePoint Server role.
- Intermediate to advanced SharePoint development skills for possible in-house development of SharePoint solutions would be a plus.
- At least four years of hands-on development of production web applications.
- At least four years of experience building spring based Java applications, C# 10 experience is a plus.
- Experience with the development of mobile applications.
- Experience with Node.js is a plus.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Bamboo, Jenkins) is a plus.
- Experience with container technologies (e.g., Docker) is a plus.
- Background in big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, NiFi) and data science is a plus.
- Experience developing enterprise search applications is a plus.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Shift Work may be required to support operations. It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise (this includes: Contingency operations; Humanitarian or peacekeeping operations; or Other military operations or exercises designated by the Combatant Commander). This performance in support of U.S. military forces may require work in dangerous or austere conditions.
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position requires at least 1-year commitment. Early termination or transfer from this position to a CONUS location may result in wage garnishments for relocation, travel and other expenses paid by the company
- Extended Continental and Oversees travel will be required. May be required to attend off site meetings. Must obtain a current passport and applicable visa(s) prior to arrival in country. Must maintain a current passport and applicable visa’s in good standing.
Other Essential Functions
#SITEC #I2S Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of foreign national, government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
: United States-Hawaii-Camp H M Smith-20315-ECHM
: Nov 23, 2020, 8:43:43 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Camp H M Smith
Camp H M Smith 96861
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities