Jacobs is seeking a Junior Cyber Security Analyst to work remote and onsite in Herndon, VA.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist the project team to help support the delivery of multiple deliverables
and ad hoc customer requests
• Apply Program requirements to review detailed security assessments of all
in scope systems and solutions working our team SMEs and project
stakeholders as needed
• Work directly with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) throughout project
phases to resolve issues and answer questions related to all aspects of the
Safeguards Program Implementation and IRS Audits
• Create and/or edit Cybersecurity documentation such as Policies,
Standards/Guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/Process
Documents, Checklists, Use Cases, Job Aids, and other related security
• Review and revise documentation relative to Security Controls, Risk, and
Vulnerability Assessments, to include Security Assessment Plans and
Security Assessment Reports.
• Work with the team to collect and organize material and complete
presentations for stakeholders, system owners and executive briefings
according to set standards and specific client or project manager requests
• Create and utilize data flows, diagrams, and charts to illustrate content.
• Interview internal technical team members for documentation content and
to build familiarity with cyber security policies and federal guidance,
security assessments, risk and vulnerability assessments.
• Support the creation of quarterly and annual reports as required.
• Minimum of 1-2 year technical writing experience
• BA or BS degree or equivalent experience.
• Understand the complete Security Assessment and Accreditation (SA&A)
processes for multiple business functions with hardware, software, and
networking technologies requiring an Authority to Operate (ATO).
• Familiarity with NIST SP 800-53 and NIST SP 800-37
• Experience working with FTI and thorough understanding of IRS pub 1075,
• Experience with developing security policies, standards, standard
• Experience in writing and/or providing quality assurance reviews of security
assessment plans, SOPS, and reports.
• Familiarity with document management systems (e.g., SharePoint).
• Proficient in Microsoft Project, Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio, and
• Excellent technical writing skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of an assessment team.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to present content through visual illustration.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Active CISA, CISSP or CISM certification a plus
• 1+ years of experience with IT audits, including conducting technical
security compliance tests and vulnerability assessments, with at least 1
year as a lead assessor
• 1+ years of experience with developing or implementing risk management
• 1+ years of experience testing NIST SP 800-53 security controls
• 1-2 years of experience conducting Security Assessment and
Authorizations (SA&As) or Certifications & Accreditations (C&As)
• Ability to present IT security risk to business and technical executive
• Ability to be detail-oriented and organized and plan and prioritize multiple
• Compliance/regulatory background a plus.
• Experience supporting IRS Safeguards Program audits
• Knowledge of NIST 800 series and/or FISMA.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and write new technical, IT, or cybersecurity
topics. Self-starter and problem solver.
• Experience in IT Quality Assurance.
• At least 1 years of federal government consulting experience.
• Excellent time-management, organizational, and communication skills.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work.
• Mature, professional attitude and appearance.
• Ability to adapt to change and remain flexible.
• Openness to continuing learning and upgrading skills.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Herndon-20364-VAD7
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting: Nov 23, 2020, 8:44:43 PM
Job: Information Technology
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2551 Dulles View Drive
Capabilities: Cyber Security