Jacobs is seeking a qualified Information Technology (IT) professional to support the USSOCOM SITEC II Enterprise Operations and Maintenance (EOM) contract. Your career at Jacobs enables USSOCOM to fulfill its mission to “Provide fully capable Special Operations Forces (SOF) to defend the United States and its interests and synchronize planning for global operations against terrorist networks.” As a member of our team, you will support the vice president of the Enterprise Operations Group (EOG) as we partner with SOF military and civilian members to provide world-class IT services and support that connects over 60,000 users around the world in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, security, end-user computing, and test and evaluation.
Database Administrator - Tier 3 role need a strong technical foundation in database structure, configuration, installation, operation and maintenance with experience designing databases. This position requires knowledge and experience in major relational database languages and applications, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and IBMDB2. Database Administrator - Tier 3 role demonstrates the ability to pay keen attention to detail, possess a strong customer service orientation and have the ability to work as part of a team while having leadership responsibilities for that team. This position will provide Microsoft SQL and Oracle DBA support services, to include Tier 3 level expertise, as well as the planning, implementation, and monitoring of patching services for physical and virtual solutions.
Typical duties include:
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining databases
- Approving requested changes, updates and modifications to database structure and data
- Ensuring database integrity, stability and system availability
- Approving solutions for database backup and recovery infrastructure
Clearance Requirements: TS/SCI
Educational Requirements: None
DoDD 8570.01-M IAT II or higher AND any of the following:
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) 11g * OR
- MCSE: Data Management & Analytics OR
- At least two years of experience in a database administration role performing Tier 3 level support with no less than eight years working with databases.
- Database modeling and implementation.
- User interface development and user experience.
- Ability to produce visualization of data for leadership decision-making.
- Knowledge of at least one object-oriented programming language; such as Java, C++, or .NET.
- Microsoft Office application skills; Microsoft Access knowledge is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft SharePoint database integration experience is desired.
- Work will be performed inside a large facility. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including hot, dusty, cold, icy and windy climates.
- Work may include travel with the military to participate in exercises in austere conditions
- Work assignments vary based on client requirements.
- Sitting at desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. Filing required. May require lifting and carrying computer equipment, boxes of supplies or files up to 50 lbs. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines
- General office equipment, which includes: telephone, fax machine, copier, PC/laptop, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Servers, switches and other computer equipment used to support network operations.
- Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is mandatory. Shift Work may be required to support operations. It is important to be able to work any shift/designated hours required.
- Position may require night and weekend work and could include travel with the military to participate in operations/exercises located in areas with field conditions.
- You may be asked to continue performance in support of a war, contingency, or exercise (this includes: Contingency operations; Humanitarian or peacekeeping operations; or Other military operations or exercises designated by the Combatant Commander). This performance in support of U.S. military forces may require work in dangerous or austere conditions.
- You may be asked to continue performance during inclement weather or other conditions when others are not permitted to work
- Position requires at least 1-year commitment. Early termination or transfer from this position to a CONUS location may result in wage garnishments for relocation, travel and other expenses paid by the company
- Extended Continental and Oversees travel will be required. May be required to attend off site meetings. Must obtain a current passport and applicable visa(s) prior to arrival in country. Must maintain a current passport and applicable visa’s in good standing.
Other Essential Functions
#SITEC #I2S Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Employment is contingent upon obtaining all required certifications within the timeframe specified in a waiver by the government (if applicable) and maintaining required certifications through the duration of the contract. Failure to obtain/maintain required certifications will result in disqualification for this position and could result in termination.
- Candidate must exhibit a professional behavior that promotes teamwork, fosters cooperation, and enhances productivity in the workplace. Must be well organized with the ability to coordinate, prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously in a high-pressure environment. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to work effectively with a variety of foreign national, government, military and contractor personnel at all levels. Must be able to interface effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Grooming and dress must not pose a safety hazard to employees working in the same general area.
- The position for which you are applying for requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country.
: United States-Hawaii-Camp H M Smith-20315-ECHM
: Nov 23, 2020, 9:13:52 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Camp H M Smith
Camp H M Smith 96861
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities