As our Market Principal for the Transportation portfolio in Virginia, you’ll have the opportunity to help drive our strategy and business growth, lead a very talented and well-established team of transportation professionals across offices in Herndon, Arlington, Richmond and Virginia Beach, and we’ll rely on your proven experience in winning work, delivering projects and collaborating with others to drive our market growth.
By capitalizing on your client and consultant relationships within the highway/bridge market in Virginia with the combination of our innovative approaches, we’ll help navigate your professional growth unlike any other organization could. However not only will we ask you to work on pursuits but also support the team to drive both top line revenue and gross margin growth.
We’ll look to you for strategic business development leadership alongside other operational leadership by cultivating long term existing relationships with transportation clients at the state, city and county levels. You’ll lead the development of execution strategies, support pursuit activities as well as apply lessons learned during contract execution.
Your technical expertise will be utilized by ensuring quality of engineering work performed client satisfaction, utilization of staff assigned on projects, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for highway/bridge engineering projects.
You’d provide expertise in developing concepts for programs and design approaches for major phases of large highway infrastructure projects, including Design-Build and Public-Private Partnerships. Extensive participation in internal team meetings/workshops and client workshops is anticipated.
By joining us, you’d serve as the Principal-in-Charge or “Designated Project Executive” on key projects and programs within the geography. You may have overall project/program accountability and client stewardship during project delivery. Engage our clients to assess client satisfaction with overall project performance and convey feedback to project teams for enhanced performance.
We value relationships so we’ll ask you to represent Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings relative to assigned projects. Actively participating in transportation and other professional associations such as ASHE, ASCE, TRB, AASHTO, VTCA, ACEC, WTS, etc. to establish, improve, and maintain a business network beneficial for personal development, to advance client knowledge and relationships, and to help identify future prospects.
Utilizing you proven business acumen skills, we’d ask you to provide full managerial responsibility for all aspects of a project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff etc. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage all phases of a project including the coordination of a project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
Through your engagement with Jacobs’ Solutions & Technology platform including Highway / Bridge market Regional Solutions Leaders to leverage technical capabilities and form synergies with other geographies for work sharing, you will help drive our innovative culture.
Take your career to the next level with Jacobs, with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in Virginia
• Proven track record of coordinating teams and winning work on an area or statewide basis within Virginia or the Mid-Atlantic geography.
• High level existing contacts and strong relationships with Virginia DOT, other State & Local government clients. Experience in stakeholder relationship development and management is required.
• Experience managing projects with VDOT, DDOT and MDOT. Knowledge of VDOT design and contract standards is required.
• Sales knowledge on how to identify contracts well in advance, respond to RFPs/solicitations, interview and win new work.
• Must be willing to travel to interface with clients and Jacobs offices within the Mid-Atlantic, primarily within Virginia.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Technical background/experience in delivering or managing large Highway / Bridge projects or programs, or P3 projects is considered a positive and adds credibility in consulting, engineering, construction industry service offerings and delivery.
• Ability to lead a Highway/Bridge account team, set a vision and strategy, coach/mentor and motivate the team, reach within Jacobs to offer best-in-class solutions, manage commercial and legal negotiations, and close deals.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Virginia-Richmond-US VA Richmond - W Laburnum Ave Ste
: Nov 24, 2020, 12:15:32 AM
: Project Management
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US VA Richmond - W Laburnum Ave Ste
2108 W LABURNUM AVE STE 100
Capabilities: Highway and Roads