Do you enjoy implementing and maintaining operational technology solutions which create a more secure, connected and sustainable world?
If so, please explore the Jacobs Operational Technology Services Team within the Digital Solutions/Automation and Operational Technology (DS) group at provides Operational Technology (IT for Automation) services globally for internal and external clients across multiple critical infrastructure sectors.
By joining our team, you'll provide design, implementation, maintenance and consulting services for OT aspects of Industrial Control Systems (ICS). We are a geographically and socially diverse team that delivers exceptional service to internal and external clients for various industry sectors including water systems, electric utilities, oil & gas, transportation, Internet of Things (IoT) and smart cities.
With a focus on critical infrastructure you will be faced with challenges from a cybersecurity and system resiliency perspective to client organizational and personnel dynamics. The team designs and implements cybersecurity solutions for projects to enable compliance with cybersecurity best practice, regulations and guidelines to effectively operate and maintain designed solutions. Additionally, the team is responsible for analyzing impacts and exposures based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks. You will interact and team with individuals from various geographies and sectors. This gives you the flexibility to own and shape your career. We’ll provide the support and opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge and experience you need to succeed.
You’ll assist multiple projects in the support and maintenance of technology solutions in the areas of Operational Technology (OT) including networking, servers, virtualization, and security technologies. The candidate has thorough Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, networking and cybersecurity concepts.
Your primary task is to provide senior-level OT project input, design, engineering and cybersecurity consulting, supporting projects associated with industrial control systems (SCADA/DCS). You’ll assist in building and diversifying a larger team to help deliver design services, consulting and managed OT services to internal and external clients. Project and project level task management will be required. Travel is estimated up to about 50%. By working closely with other technical teams (including I&C engineers and other specialists), the ideal candidate will ensure adequate OT and cybersecurity solutions are in place throughout all systems and platforms, to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet project objectives, regulatory and client requirements. Additionally, in an effort to meet today’s technology and cybersecurity challenges, this position will require focus on knowledge of future trends and technologies.
This is not information technology (IT) position.
• Recognized degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or other technical field is required
• Minimum of 15 years OT experience
• Willingness to travel including overseas assignments as the need arises
• Knowledge of and experience in security process and organizational design
• Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills — the ability to conceptualize complex business and technical requirements into comprehensible models and templates
• Proven ability to effectively manage a team
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization
• Excellent planning and organizational skills with an ability to understand the long-term ("big picture")
• Ability to think strategically and implement iteratively
• Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
• Experience with network analysis and penetration testing tools as BackTrack, Metasploit, Rapid 7 Nexpose, NMAP, and/or Wireshark
• Strong interest in the field of cybersecurity in industrial control systems and internet of things
• Creative, independent with good problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
• Consulting experience
Ideally, You’ll Have:
• Leadership or management experience
• Strong understanding of SCADA operation work relating to Critical Infrastructure (Water, Transportation, Power and Energy, Oil and Gas)
• Professional Certifications such as GIAC Certifications including Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Response and Industrial Defense (GRID), GIAC Certified Penetration Tester (GPEN), GIAC Security Leadership Certification (GSLC), GIAC Security Expert (GSE), and/or other certifications such as Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Project Management Professional (PMP), VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV), Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSE, MCITP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA, CCDA) will have higher standing
• Knowledge in penetration testing, programming, networks and operating systems
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.