Jacobs has an immediate opening for a Computer Support Technician, who will provide depot operations support performing hardware/software installation, configuration, troubleshooting, asset inventory, tracking, and shipping support for our United States Department of Agriculture, Food Safety and Inspection Service customer. This is a part-time position in Hanover, Maryland.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
• Execute service delivery (Break Fix, IT Equipment Repair) according to client policies & procedures
• Build (image) PC hardware for end users including laptops and tablets.
• Deploy new hardware and peripherals to end-users including loading user profiles and printer software.
• Provide installation and PC set up for Windows 10 / Office 365.
• Update asset records in MS Access database.
• Adhere to desktop and end user computing processes, procedures, policies, and job aids.
• Responsible for ticketing system queue management, ensuring tickets are being addressed within Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
• Ship out various IT equipment to users using FedEx Ship Manager
• Perform troubleshooting, parts replacement, system upgrades, and basic deployments and repair on client assets
Here's What You'll Need:
• Experience with Windows OS, MS Office, Active Directory
• Experience supporting, troubleshooting and/ or installing (updating) hardware, software
• Experience imaging / reconfiguring new PC’s
• Asset inventory and tracking
• Excellent teamwork and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge in basic networking configurations
• Experience and demonstrated proficiency in Windows 10 and Office 365
• Strong client relationship skills.
• Ability to provide and maintain detailed documentation on each ticket
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI). Clearance processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. Factors considered for a U.S. Government Security Clearance include, but are not limited to:
U.S. Citizenship (Required)
Favorable Criminal History Check
Abuse/Illegal Drug Use
• Education: High School degree or higher is required
• Prior experience utilizing BMC Numara FootPrints or an equivalent ticketing system
Most work will be done at a desk or computer. Be able to lift 50lbs.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as with Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is always critical. Must be able to work a 25-hour work week, days of week will be dictated by Task lead. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Hanover-20358-MD09
Job Posting: Nov 25, 2020, 3:14:18 AM
Job Type: Standard
Job Classification: Part-Time Regular
7455 New Ridge Rd
Capabilities: Enterprise IT