At Jacobs, we don’t settle – always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
Jacobs’ Operations, Management and Facilities Services (OMFS) business serves public agencies and private entities, delivering water and wastewater utility operations and maintenance (O&M), facilities management, remedial system O&M, public works and municipal services. We’ve delivered O&M services for clients in government and industry for 40 years.
Do you have a track record of success selling O&M services or equipment and technology to industrial clients in North America? This strategic role provides an exciting opportunity to develop a thorough understanding of our business development and sales priorities and works to increase Jacobs’ footprint in a variety of verticals. While location is flexible, you’ll need to be near a major airport for easy access to reach our clients under critical timelines.
As the Business Development Director, you’ll lead emerging and established professionals, providing strategic leadership for:
- Sales & Market Development – Develop internal and external relationships with key stakeholders that support the growth of our industrial O&M portfolio, helping you to successfully lead project-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, win-strategy development, proposal preparation, oral presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes. You’ll also build and sustain a viable sales pipeline to deliver year-on-year growth and expansion of the industrial O&M business. Challenging today, reinventing tomorrow.
- Create a Strategy for Growth – You’ll plan, develop and implement strategies to achieve growth and business targets.
- Relationship & Stakeholder Management – You’ll foster key stakeholder and client relationships, building trust and value-driven relationships with critical partners and gatekeepers in the industry (major customers, engineers, regulators, procurement consultants…).
- Sector & Market Knowledge– Your efforts will help to ensure that Jacobs remains at the forefront of industry trends in the sectors that Jacobs is targeting, as you build meaningful relationships in the industry and utilize quantitative data and market information to inform the short and long-term strategy for Jacobs in North America.
- Product & Technical Knowledge & Credibility – You’ll effectively present and discuss the value proposition of outsourced O&M credibly in the market and effectively communicate elements of Jacobs specific market differentiators. Your strong technical background in industrial water and wastewater treatment processes will help you leverage deeper technical resources within the Company to support bidding and business development activity.
- Team & Organizational Development – You’ll lead pursuit-specific teams consisting of key subject-matter experts with the ability to call upon the Company’s global resources to further augment the specific needs of an opportunity. As appropriate, you’ll efficiently guide the team throughout all phases of the procurement to develop a winning proposal within the allocated pursuit budget.
- Trade Show & Industry Representation – You’re a Jacobs champion and ambassador, representing the company among industry groups, competitors, professional bodies & societies, conferences and trade events.
- Travel – The best way to deliver the value that Jacobs can bring to our potential clients across North America is to share our story. When the travel climate allows, you’ll spend a majority of your time directly interfacing with industry experts and clients, building their confidence in Jacobs’ O&M delivery.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Complex Sales Development Experience - proven track record with complex business development opportunities with industrial O&M, service or equipment providers. Experience developing, setting and delivering a strategy to achieve high win rates and business growth.
- Sales & Market Development Experience – advanced experience in developing and building a robust sales pipeline and pursuing opportunities to successful closure. Must understand the sales cycle of key verticals and firms within them.
- Industrial Water Process Expertise – excellent understanding of typical industrial water and wastewater processes deployed with key verticals in North America. Extensive experience with industrial operations and maintenance activities, or service or equipment vendors.
- Highly Motivated – driven and passionate about the opportunity to grow Jacobs’ business and contribute to market-leading innovation in the outsourcing industry. Possess the requisite discipline and personal accountability to lead pursuit teams to successful outcomes.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license with no major infractions.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Relevant Educational Background - Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, construction management, architecture or related technical discipline preferred
- Communication Skills – excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills. Able to communicate effectively with staff and clients at all levels of the organization and manage external customer and stakeholder relationships effectively.
- CRM Familiarity – at Jacobs, we use the Salesforce CRM to track and manage the sales pipeline. Candidates will be familiar with and will have used Salesforce or a similar tool to manage their pipeline. • Matrixed Organization – prefer candidates experienced working for organizations that are highly matrixed.
: United States-Texas-Dallas-US - Working At Home (PST)
: Yes, 50 % of the Time
: Nov 25, 2020, 5:39:05 AM
: Business Development/Sales/Marketing
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US - Working At Home (PST)
Capabilities: Water and Wastewater