Jacobs is currently seeking additional Computer Network Operations Qualification Course (CNOQC) Windows Facilitators in Hanover, MD.
- The applicant will be part of a multidisciplinary Team working collaboratively to facilitate technical training solutions to meet the time-critical needs of our customers.
- Windows Facilitator candidates provide support to students completing a foundational technical course including topics related to Windows, Unix, Networking and Security Concepts.
- The Windows Facilitator provides relevant experience and evaluates students on the knowledge required to meet the standards for the course.
- The Facilitator monitors student performance on practical exams and provides feedback to students. Virtualization technology is employed heavily to simulate real-world scenarios that create an immersive learning environment for students and Facilitators.
- Facilitators will be available to assist students with questions regarding content, virtual machines (VM), where to locate course resources, assistance on Module Exams and High Stakes Milestone Exams, provide feedback in one-on-one sessions with students, and other content-related topics.
- Facilitators will monitor student progress and watch for any students who may be struggling or need additional assistance and communicate observations to the student, mentor, and/or Customer.
- Facilitators will monitor students as they are conducting the hands-on practical portions of Formative Pre-Milestone Exams as well as High Stakes Milestone Exams in preparation to conduct one-on-one feedback sessions with the student to discuss areas of strength as well as to help remediate areas where the student is continuing to develop proficiency.
- Facilitators will interact with students via the chat tool (text and voice chat) and electronic whiteboard capabilities. Facilitators will work with the student to determine the need and provide the best type of support/assistance based on the request (for example, explain and demonstrate technical concepts, assistance with finding resources, etc.).
- Facilitators will provide news and updates to students as needed via the tool and/or email.
- Facilitators work with a multidisciplinary Team of professionals by provide recommendations for updates to course content, training materials, and documentation.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Must be clearable
- Minimum ten (10) years of cumulative technical experience. Minimum five (5) years of experience in the Engineering (Electrical, Software, and/or Network) design, development, deployment, operations, training, or maintenance expertise with multiple versions of the Microsoft Windows operating systems. Minimum three (3) years of experience with the most commonly used software programming languages (for example, Python, JAVA, HTML, and/or PERL) is required.
- Experience in the Engineering (Electrical, Software, and/or Network) design, development, deployment, operations, training, or maintenance expertise with multiple versions of the Microsoft Windows Operating System (OS).
- Experience with the most commonly used software programming languages (for example, Python, JAVA, HTML, and/or PERL).
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Effectively communicate with a broad range of individuals and students with varying backgrounds
- Ability to review exams including automated grading activities and quickly determine if grading was applied appropriately
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot students’ issues with virtual learning courses and provide support until a resolution is achieved
- General knowledge across multiple versions of the Windows Operating System (OS) (and familiarity with Unix and Networking)
- Demonstrate effective communication, writing, documentation, and requirements gatherings skills are needed to be effective in this role for working with other members of the Team and with the Customer to meet the requirements of the program
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Hanover-20361-MIL3
: Nov 26, 2020, 12:41:15 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7880 Milestone Parkway
Capabilities: Cyber Security