When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve our tomorrow. Our compliance work continues to grow, and we need an intermediate-level Engineer to support the Honeywell Program in our Federal and Environmental Solutions business. As the Engineer, you will support the Honeywell Regional Engineering Lead with facility capital investment projects.
Based at one of the Honeywell facilities listed below, you will work as a seconded employee managing the execution of specific capital investments, from FEL-2 through their entire life cycles. You will assume total project accountability for engineering, including: prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, directing and coordinating the personnel assigned to perform the process engineering, project management, detailed engineering/design, procurement, fabrication, construction, mechanical completion, unit commissioning and start-up, project controls (cost accounting, scheduling for the projects, and project closure documentation) while following standard engineering methodologies.
Using SAP and project management tools, you will cost-estimate, plan and execute projects, and use Change Orders to reflect changes to the project plans. You’ll coordinate project activities and maintain effective communication between the internal process design teams, design houses, and external contractors, ensure customer satisfaction requirements and final process design package standards are met, and regularly report project progress to the Regional Engineering Lead and project steering team, identifying any problems with cost over-runs or schedule delays to the manager.
You’ll also have the opportunity to manage the overall effort leading to the approved Appropriation Requests (AR), working closely with the Honeywell finance team to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for managed projects. You'll be responsible will for preparation of bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment, and services, and the preparation of work order packages for construction. You'll monitor and control projects to meet the stated objectives and metrics commitments in the AR and be responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures on a monthly basis, while being an advocate for safety awareness with consistent implementation of Honeywell policies and procedures and participate in construction safety audits and contractor safety meetings. Bring your organization, adaptability, and independent work ethic, so we can grow this support relationship into more challenging and exciting projects with Honeywell.
This opportunity is for a minimum of one year (Starts January 2021; could potentially extend into additional years at one of the listed Honeywell facilities below:) o Spokane, WA o Salt Lake City, UT o Fombell (Pittsburgh), PA o Brian, TX o San Jose, CA o Santa Clara, CA
Here's What You'll Need:
This is What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field from a U.S. accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management/coordination
• Experienced in scoping a project from start to finish for AR package (describe need, cost, vendors, etc.) with PowerPoint presentation for manager and higher approval, if needed
• Organized, a self-motivator and heightened attention to detail - able to manage multiple tasks concurrently and engage with various stakeholders/reviewers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Manufacturing background/experience
• Ability to process information quickly and accurately
• Ability to drive projects to completion on time and on budget
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with SAPJacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Spokane-US WA Spokane - W. Riverside Ave
Job Posting: Nov 26, 2020, 3:54:53 AM
Job: Environmental Science
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Fulltime - Temporary
US WA Spokane - W. Riverside Ave
999 W. Riverside Ave Suite 500
Capabilities: EHS Business Solutions and Sustainability