Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
**We are actively searching for qualified candidates for this potential opening, however we do not have assurance at this time if and when the position will be finalized and opened. Because we have strong reason to believe the position will be approved soon, we are proceeding with identifying qualified candidates and conducting interviews.**
We are currently in need of a Data Verification/Acquisition Technician III to join our team. Do you have the following skills?
This is a JETS CBA position with Jacobs.
As a Data Verification/Acquisition Technician III you will:
- Maintain and operate facility data acquisition systems.
- Run checklists or procedures to start and stop the facility data acquisition and control systems in support of test operations.
- Perform data handling tasks including reducing, archiving, and restoring as required for test support operations.
- Configure data system to route new signals from instrument through the data acquisition hardware and have it displayed on the user interface in the correct units (this may include installing patch panels or updating calibration curve information for instruments).
- Maintain and operate facility communication system.
- Troubleshoot data acquisition and communication hardware using test equipment and system documentation (schematics, functional diagrams, timing charts, etc.).
- Pull Ethernet or fiber optic cable as needed and terminate the ends of the cable.
- Perform inventory database transactions to support the laboratory storage.
- Maintain printers for the organization, including replacing toner cartridges and basic troubleshooting.
- Maintain conference room and control room projectors and perform troubleshooting as necessary.
- Support basic Windows computer administrative tasks as needed, such as software patching, system backups, installing software, etc.
- Support the training and certification processes of Data Verification/Acquisition Technicians I and II.
- Work with vendors to purchase and order necessary materials, equipment and machines.
- Assist in the preparation and setup of testing.
- Participate in testing following established procedures for safe handling of hazardous and explosive materials and/or batteries. (ESTA Applicable)
- Perform data collection and troubleshooting during testing.
- Perform related duties as required.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- General computer and typing skills.
- Proficient experience with data acquisition hardware and software.
- Be familiar with basic computer configuration and operations within a Microsoft Windows environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in the field or related area.
- Experience with OPC, LabView, or Iconics software packages.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with National Instruments, Neff, and Allen Bradley hardware.
- Microsoft Windows administrator experience.
Why Work for Jacobs?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
(please open in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
- Reaching for, handling, and manipulating objects and materials in all directions.
- Coordinating eyes, hands, and fingers to operate tools and equipment.
- Seeing and hearing with or without correction.
- Climbing and maintaining balance on ladders, scaffolds, structures, etc. above and below ground level.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds for 5 feet.
- Kneeling, squatting, crawling and bending at waist from 1 to 30 minutes at a time.
Requires the ability to:
- Follow set procedures and standards.
- Apply basic mathematical skills.
- Plan and work selecting proper tools.
- Compare and understand differences in the size, shape, and form or lines, figures, and objects.
- Follow written and oral directions, plans and blueprints.
- Picture and evaluate solid objects from drawings or diagrams using standards that can be measured or checked; recognize and report safety hazards.
Some tasks may require:
- Manual dexterity for typing and manipulating controls.
- Long periods of sitting at a computer to complete a task.
- Lifting and transport (usually on a dolly or cart) of equipment between the buildings and facilities they support.
Work environment may be a server room and office environment or a lab/industrial or warehouse environment. Exposure to uneven ground levels, high or low elevations, confined areas, various noise levels caused by power tools, machinery, equipment, etc., extreme hot or cold weather, excessive humidity, rain, etc. and other JSC Test Facility with exposure to pyrotechnics and/or battery testing.
Equipment and Machines:
Operate push carts for transporting hardware. Use hand tools and test instruments for troubleshooting hardware, terminating network cables or installing patch panels, etc. Operate computer workstations and peripheral equipment in support of data handling requirements. Operate system controller units in support of facility testing.
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to effectively interface with facility test team members.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Texas-Houston-20331-ESCG
: Nov 30, 2020, 6:57:40 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
2224 Bay Area Boulevard
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities