Jacobs provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Perform all aspects of warehousing to include the receipt, storage, and issue of hardware and materials.
- Perform inventory database transactions to support the movement of materials.
- Receive deliveries, check packages for damage, check in and compare quantities and update system records as part of overall receiving process.
- Attend and participate in meetings and provide feedback to work team and management.
- Possess ability to obtain and maintain material handling equipment and working at heights certifications. Other certifications, licenses, and permits as required.
- Prepare and maintain necessary records, charts, files, reports, etc. to determine and report progress and status of work assignments to management.
- Check records on material, parts, and equipment. Obtain receipts when required.
- Ensure proper tie in information is provided to support work on subsequent shifts as needed.
- Monitor and support inventory maintenance processes to ensure FIFO, shelf life, and environmental controls are maintained and operating within requirements.
- Operate pickup and panel trucks and forklifts to facilitate the loading, unloading and transportation of materials and equipment.
- Secure and protect loads being transported.
- Support safety meetings and walk-downs of assigned work area and equipment and coordinate with other contractors for support to correct concerns.
- Work in a team environment and perform other duties as assigned.
Here's What You'll Need:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
AS degree in related field plus one (1) year of closely related experience or High School education plus four (4) years of directly related experience.
- Effective verbal and written communicate skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to hold the necessary security clearances.
- Ability to hold necessary certifications.
- Duties may include the handling of hazardous waste and transportation of hazardous waste (if qualified).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to distinguish between colors (ex: blue and green wires)
- Ability to comply with safety policies and compliances
- Ability to use limbs with 90% range
- Must use safety protective equipment where required
- Must be able to climb ladders, towers and stairs
- Will require physical exertion in climbing, lifting, squatting, crawling, carrying, or critical work in cramped quarters.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety standards.
- Work will mainly performed in an inside environment, but fieldwork can be a combination of inside and outside depending on the project.
- Working at heights is required and in confined spaces may be required.
- Work among equipment and stations in support of launches.
Equipment and Machines
- Operate and maintain handling equipment such as forklifts (up to 20K) and other area specific Material Handling Equipment.
- Operate computer terminals, personal computers, and related computer peripheral equipment to maintain/adjust database logs and records, print documents and record work performance.
- Personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone, laser printer, fax machine and other office equipment including desk supplies.
- Work assignments are normally 8 hours shifts, 5 consecutive days per week
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Occasional overtime, sometimes with short notice, is required to meet demanding schedule
Other Essential Functions
- If offered position, proof of US Citizenship or Legal Permanent Resident/Green Card holder of the United States is required.
- Ability to obtain certifications required for operating Material Handling Equipment.
- Requires the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and managers.
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must pass a federal background investigation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all “drug free workplace” requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Must pass all applicable physicals required for this position
- Must possess a valid Florida Class D motor vehicle license.
These essential functions may be amended prior to an offer of employment.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Florida-Kennedy Space Center-20339-KSC
: Nov 30, 2020, 11:43:45 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Kennedy Space Center 32899
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities