Jacobs is seeking a Video Engineer in Herndon, VA. Duties will include:
- Analyze customer requirements and determine the best technical solution with specifications of audio/video components and system integration techniques to satisfy the requirements for complex design and technology activities
- Project engineer of Audio/Video systems
- Conduct site inspections, surveys, and system commissioning if required.
- Develop plans and budgets for A/V equipment replacement
- Prepare design presentations and proposals for staff or customers.
- Use network computer-aided design (AutoCAD, Visio, Excel, etc.) software packages to optimize network design packages.
- Provide tier 2 & 3 support for troubleshooting video systems (VTC, room systems, distribution).
- Provide on-site technical support for video installs when requested
- Provide technical assistance to project managers to best fulfill customers’ requests
- Provide design solutions that incorporate digital signage for video walls, conference rooms, board rooms, and training rooms
- This position will involve detailed knowledge of audio/video technology (audio/video generation, distribution and display) and current ANSI/IEEE format knowledge for both analog and digital systems, and their deployment (broadband cable, NTSC or HDTV baseband, ISDN, etc.) to customer premises
- Make independent decisions that deal with the daily schedule and work to be accomplished
- Issues requiring monetary approval have to go up the reporting chain. The prioritization of projects and the daily schedule of the Engineering team is determined by the manager. Only urgent or high profile projects may be directed down to the capacity team
- Has full discretion and independent judgment as it relates to their project. As long as he or she remains within budget and scope the manager of the engineering team has full autonomy as it relates to the team and its resources. Outside of the project framework the employee does not have approving authority for major monetary decisions
- Other duties as assigned
Here's What You'll Need:
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph required
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Requires a minimum of three full years of experience specific to the skill and must be reflected
- Requires the execution of good engineering practices that detail the overall system architecture, detailed line (with breakdown of signal and test point values) and rack elevation drawings and to/from cable list
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs
- Coordinate network operations, maintenance, repairs, or upgrades
- Design, build, or operate equipment configuration prototypes, including video hardware, software, servers, or server operation systems
- Develop conceptual, logical, or physical A/V network designs.
- Estimate time and materials needed to complete projects
- Evaluate A/V designs to determine if requirements are met efficiently and effectively
- Monitor and analyze A/V system performance and data input/output reports to detect problems, identify inefficient use of computer resources, or perform capacity planning
- Participate in A/V technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing
- Prepare or monitor project schedules, budgets, or cost control systems
- Prepare detailed A/V specifications, including diagrams, charts, equipment configurations, and recommended technologies
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability
- Communicate with vendors to gather information about products, to alert them to future needs, to resolve problems, or to address systems maintenance issues
- Coordinate network or design activities with designers of associated networks
- Develop or maintain project-reporting systems
- Develop network related documentation
- Explain design specifications to integration teams or install technicians
- Prepare design presentations and proposals for staff or customers
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
Proficient in many facets of information technology requirements
The candidate should possess general business knowledge and soft-skills allowing them to be adaptable in a wide array of work environments. The candidate should have the willingness to participate in these type of activities when called upon to do so
- A+, Network+, CCNA, or Security+
- Experience and/or certification in modern collaboration technologies
- IT Security
- Certification from one or more wireless networking providers (Aruba, Meraki, MIST, etc)
- Bachelors Degree
Essential Job Functions
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment. Typically employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending, carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives.
Equipment and Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check.
: United States-Virginia-Reston-20340-AP2
: Nov 30, 2020, 11:57:12 PM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Capabilities: Enterprise IT