The Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) is a dynamic, forward-leaning organization, on the cutting edge of cybersecurity, DevSecOps, cloud computing, big data analysis, and other advanced technologies. JITC is the Department of Defense’s Joint Interoperability Certifier and the only non-service operational test agency for information technology and national security systems. As a member of the Jacobs team at JITC, your expertise and skill will support risk-based test, evaluation and certification services, ensuring the C4ISR systems scheduled for fielding to our nation's warfighters function as designed, are fully interoperable, and support mission requirements.
Jacobs is currently seeking an experienced Intelligence Systems Analyst - Principal to join the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) team at Fort Meade, MD. The Coalition Interoperability Test Analyst Subject Matter Expert (SME) directly supports the Mission Partner Capabilities Office (MPCO) and the Joint Interoperability Test Command in providing project planning and execution support and military subject matter expertise in operations and systems analysis.
- Support the Coalition Information and Validation (CIAV) methodology with operational expertise working in concert with the Joint Staff DDC5I CIAV team in support of Combatant Command assessment requirements relative to data sharing with mission partners. Project execution will include advice, analysis, and support as would be provided in a Tactical Operations Center or Coalition Joint Operations Center with hands-on capabilities on operational systems and architectures.
- Serve as Planning/Execution Analyst and Event Lead, responsible for performing research, coordinating site configuration, executing use cases, and performing data analysis during Desktop Analysis (DTA) efforts, as well as Assurance and Validation (A&V) events.
- Apply derivative classification markings and distribution statements to associated US CIAV documents produced for distribution/publication.
- Attend and/or coordinate regularly scheduled meetings telephonically; attend and/or coordinate ad hoc meetings.
- Identify opportunities for modeling and simulation early in the event planning process.
- Interface with other testing organizations and participate in test related working groups
- Coordinate the Request for Information (RFI) process to address requirements through to completion, which includes identifying and coordinating the proposed classification of requirements.
- Conduct DTA and A&V events, perform exercise support planning activities, and coordinate findings with CIAV Operations Support.
- Assist in the determination of the Memorandum of Record necessary to achieve interoperability in a coalition environment for a Command and Control (C2)/Situational Awareness Mission Profile.
- Collaborate with the Event Lead to ensure seamless integration of findings, impacts, and artifacts into one report for submission to the appropriate distribution list as determined by the US CIAV National Lead.
- Provide advanced analytical and technical support to projects involving training, tactical/operational documentation, military system designs or other efforts requiring military operations expertise.
- Research, identify, and make recommendations about resources required for task execution and completion.
- Gather, process, and analyze operational data.
- Must be an expert problem-solver, able to identify risk, and communicate results and recommendations.
- Assist with the testing and development of new C2 systems or updates to existing systems to meet client needs.
- Identify and recommend emergent relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes.
- Write and update project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less experienced staff and will have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Here's What You'll Need:
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree and at least 8 years of experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience.
- One year of experience can be substituted by 15 semester hours completed towards a Master’s degree.
- The degree must be in a relevant technical curriculum and experience must be related to the job duties.
- Educational equivalency is a minimum of fifteen (15) years specific and related responsible command and staff experience in the U.S. Military inclusive of the following (may be gained concurrently across several positions):
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, processes, and applicable regulations involved in supporting military operations.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant technology and equipment.
- Specific certifications or military education/training may be required, depending on job assignment.
- Demonstrated experience with Service and Joint C2, to include JTF, CCMD, and component level knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and execution of detailed C2 system analysis, including interim and final reports and presentation of analysis data.
- Demonstrated experience in development, test, and evaluation of C2 systems.
- Travel may be required in support of CIAV U.S. National Lead objectives.
Required Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
Required Certification: 1 certification in area of specialization.
An inside and outside environment (considerations: closed quarters, close together, lighting). Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work-related tools as required.
Core work hours will be between 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Continental travel may be required. Travel to and from customer’s locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary.
Other Essential Functions
Must always demonstrate professional behavior when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Maryland-Fort Meade-20341-JITC-02
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Dec 1, 2020, 12:59:17 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Fort Meade 20755
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities