The Associate System Administrator is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the operating system environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform system software upgrades including planning and scheduling, testing, and coordination
- Perform workstation and server administration setup
- Monitor and maintain continuity with system software licensing and maintenance agreement
- Provide recommendations regarding hardware and system software planning and budgeting
- Maintain production change control schedule and participates in change control
With the guidance of Senior System Administrators, the Associate System Administrator will:
- Provide Tier II troubleshooting support for incidents within one (1) business day after receipt of request during normal business hours.
- Respond to hardware or software problems within 15 minutes of initial report during on-site hours and on an on-call basis after duty hours with a two (2) hour response time to begin work
- Document troubleshooting and resolutions in an automated tool
- Monitor, maintain, and optimize operating systems, applications, and vendor specific software supporting the servers and peripheral equipment
- Maintain C2, business and office information system accounts
- Perform account and access management for servers, out-of-band systems, specified applications and databases
- Perform software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensure workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Ensure data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Support media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services
- Develop and promote standard operating procedure
- Conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
Here's What You'll Need:
The selected candidate must have the following:
Two (2) years of college in a computer field and five (5) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of seven (7) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Server 2008 and 2012 R2 Operating Systems
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of both physical and virtual servers
- The ability to support 24 hour Weekend/Holiday On-Call Operations and respond onsite within two (2) hours of notification
- The ability to support roughly 3 contingency/emergency/exercise periods per year
A minimum of an INTERIM SECRET DoD Security Clearance is required.
A Sec+ or other IAT Level II certification is required.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Illinois-Scott AFB-20315-ISCT
: Dec 1, 2020, 1:27:32 AM
: Information Technology
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Scott AFB 62225
Capabilities: Enterprise IT