The Database Engineer will have overall technical responsibility for all aspects of data management including database mapping and design review/development of conceptual, logical and physical models. The selected candidate will:
- Assist in the logical and physical creation of database design, implementation and optimization initiatives.
- Develop services/wrappers to automate internal/external workflows needed to migrate data to the integration and/or presentation layers.
- Audit data models using the integration layer data vault materials.
- Contribute to the maintenance and administration of data models using PowerDesigner.
- Participate in client-driven, science-focused mapping sessions.
Here's What You'll Need:
The successful candidate will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems Engineering/Management, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, or closely related field of study and three (3) years+ of documented work experience in database design and programming/information modeling, in both UML and entity relationship modeling. OR Master’s degree in Information Systems Engineering/Management, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Applied Mathematics, or closely related field of study and two (2) years+ of documented work experience in data/information modeling, in both UML and entity relationship modeling
- Knowledge and understanding of the entire data management discipline including metadata management, reference/master data management and data quality monitoring and measurement.
- Documented expertise in data vault modeling and methodology, data warehouse, data marts OLTP, and ODS systems.
- Strong technical and analytical skills and experience with multiple software development life cycles with an emphasis on Agile methodologies.
- Experience in conceptual/logical/physical data modeling.
- Experience with PowerDesigner or similar modelling tools.
- Documented experience working in PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or MySQL.
- Knowledge of BI/reporting tools.
- Documented experience working with ontology/semantic web technologies, such as OWL.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment, on highly integrated cross-functional and matrix work team with key internal business stakeholder and information technology team representatives.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work on-site Monday through Friday during normal business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) at client facilities located in Research Triangle Park, NC.
- Ability to pass a background investigation and a drug test.
- All applicants must have resided legally in the United States for at least three (3) years of the last five (5) years.
- This position is contingent on the ability to obtain Public Trust clearance and site badge for a U.S. government facility.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-North Carolina-RTP-20353-RLS
: Dec 1, 2020, 3:57:05 AM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
109 T.W. Alexander Drive
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities