Do you enjoy the study and review of the natural environment before a construction project takes place? At Jacobs-we do as well.
Based in Boise, ID, you’ll have the chance to perform geotechnical engineering design and analysis of foundation systems, retaining structures and slopes for transportation infrastructure projects for both public and private clients. Your engineering skills will be developed with design and analysis of shallow and deep foundations including piles and drilled shafts, retaining walls and support of excavation systems.
You’ll also inspect geotechnical exploratory and construction related activities and specifically, develop as well as oversight of subsurface investigation and laboratory testing programs.
You’ll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success- join us as an Entry Level Geotechnical Engineer.
Here's What You'll Need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Geotechnical Engineering
· Flexibility to travel for office and field assignments
· Strong analytical, conceptual, and organizational skills
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ideally, you’ll also have:
· At least a 3.0 GPA
· MS degree in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering
· Engineer in Training (EIT) or ability to obtain within 6 months.
· Previous internship in geotechnical evaluations soil and rock classification, design analysis of foundation and ground retention systems
· Knowledge of and experience with Ensoft LPile and Group GeoStudio Slope and Sigma, GRLWeap, Civiltech Shoring Suite, Bentley gINT, Bentley MicroStation, and AutoCAD
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Idaho-Boise-US ID Boise - W Main Street
: Dec 1, 2020, 5:11:05 AM
: Graduate Job
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US ID Boise - W Main Street
999 W Main Street, Suite 1200
Capabilities: Geotechnical and Tunnel