Do you have a passion for figuring out how electronic devices work then modifying them to do something new? What about Software Defined Radios or ISR special projects—sound interesting? If so, then we have a great opportunity for you. We recently created a role for digital hardware reverse engineer to work in our Engineering Development and Special Projects (EDSP) group.
Candidate would be responsible for designing, developing, testing, evaluating, and supporting electrical hardware solutions for existing and upcoming products. Candidate would design primarily at the schematic level with oversight of the layout. Candidate would be a part of the development team that develops specialized tracking devices and communications products for government, military, space and commercial customers. Candidate may lead technical teams and/or supervise a small group of electrical engineers.
Design circuits at the schematic level.
Select circuit components based on given requirements.
Utilize development boards and/or breadboards to prove out circuit designs.
Work with mechanical engineers to develop mechanical aspects of products.
Oversee and inspect board layouts.
Test circuit boards to prove they function as expected, debug as required.
Assist in the development of production-level tests.
Support transition to production.
Perform failure analysis on problem areas.
Document results of testing and failure analysis.
Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
Assist in creating cost estimates for related activities.
Here's What You'll Need:
- 11 Years relevant experience and a Bachelors Degree in electrical engineering or related field; or 9 years relevant experience and a Master's Degree in electrical engineering or related field.
- Ability to generate schematics.
- Ability to read and understand datasheets for integrated circuits.
- Good knowledge of electronic components and test equipment.
- Understanding of BOM and product configuration practices.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills. - Works well as a part of a team.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office software products.
- Good problem solving skills.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
- Experience leading technical teams.
- Experience supervising/mentoring junior engineers.
- Ability to write software and/or firmware.
- Experience in rechargeable batteries and battery chargers.
- Experience in low power design.
- Experience in microcontroller-based designs.
- Experience with Altium Designer or equivalent.
- Experience with tracking and/or communications products.
: United States-Maryland-Severn-20356-SEV1
: Dec 1, 2020, 8:29:12 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
7763 Old Telegraph Road Building A
Capabilities: Aerospace Technology and Defense Programs and Facilities