Jacobs is seeking a qualified Drafter to support the newly awarded NISSC II contract. Your career at Jacobs enables NISSC to fulfill its mission to “provide classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at NISSC sites.” As a member of our team, you will support corporate and customer mission to provide world-class IT services and support that connects systems and users across NORAD in the areas of software development/maintenance, network services, cyber security, systems administration, and other mission-critical areas.
This Message Distribution Center (MDC) Computer Operator crew member will work with the Secure Messaging and Routing Terminal Next Generation (SMART.neXt) system housed within the Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station (CMAFS) secure environment. Periodic tasks will include system start-ups, reboots, and shutdowns; manually handling, reviewing, editing, and recalling messages; turning intercepts and equipment on/off; monitoring systems and equipment to maintain continuous system availability; performing computer log analyses; detecting and correcting errors; performing data back-ups and archiving; and performing related additional duties as assigned.
MDC employees are considered Mission Essential and must be prepared for and be able to report to work and remain on the CMAFS site for extended periods of time when required to support normal operations, exercises, and real-world emergencies regardless of weather conditions or external factors. During such periods MDC employees may be unable to contact anyone outside the work site, including family and friends. All MDC employees sign a letter of commitment acknowledging and agreeing to this requirement.
This will be a night shift role (1830-0630 Wed/Thur – Sat). This position will require 2 years of experience supporting UNIX/SOLARIS-based operating systems. COMSEC exposure and Sec+ are highly preferred.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
• Proven track record of high quality customer service skills in one or more military communications environments.
• Basic knowledge of and experience with Department of Defense and/or U.S. Air Force messaging and messaging systems.
• Technical and communications skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers at all levels.
• Knowledge of and successful experience with Department of Defense cryptographic equipment and related material handling and use.
• Knowledge of and successful experience with troubleshooting computer systems and networks.
• Successful experience in a high-visibility, mission-focused environment where systems availability is closely monitored and prioritized.
• Successful experience handling and protecting highly classified information, data, and systems.
• Able to work flexible shifts and days as required, including weekends and holidays.
• Able to work efficiently alongside peers and leaders in a team environment.
• Able and willing to quickly respond to customer direction and requests.
• Able to communicate effectively, verbally as well as in writing.
• Must possess an active, transferable Department of Defense TS/SCI clearance. Maintaining this level of clearance and access is a condition of employment.
• Must possess (or be able to attain within 6 months of hire) a current Security+ CE certification in accordance with DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program IAT Level II.