Jacobs has a growing Arboriculture team in the Pacific Northwest and we are looking for someone who can bring their arborist expertise to assist in delivering on a range of exciting projects.
This position will include tree survey and evaluation (including tree risk assessment), data collection, GIS database management, construction monitoring, as well as other tasks as assigned. This position requires preparation of detailed field notes and tree survey records, research, report writing and QA/QC of another arborist’s or teammate’s work. This position may be responsible to lead a field crew, with scheduling and allocation of resources, budgeting, and identification/management of potential field risks and other safety concerns.
Candidates must be able and willing to work outdoors in remote locations and for extended periods under all weather conditions, often traversing rugged terrain. Candidates must demonstrate awareness for workplace safety; and be willing to work independently when conditions are appropriate or with limited supervision.
Here's What You'll Need:
- ISA Certified Arborist
- Knowledge of tree species, evaluation methods, diseases, and field assessment conditions in the Pacific Northwest
- Knowledge of basic computer programs, GPS equipment and associated software programs
- Ability/willingness to travel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills to effectively complete assigned workload within defined timelines and in accordance with established standards
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Experience in Washington, Idaho, Oregon, or California
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ)
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with managing trees during construction.
- At least 3-5 years of field experience in Arboriculture, Dendrology, Forestry, Horticulture; or 1-2 years of experience and a degree in one of these or a similar field.
- Experience with tree appraisal
- Knowledge of tree care as it pertains to ANSI A300 Pruning Standards
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Washington-Bellevue-US WA Bellevue - 112th Ave NE
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Dec 2, 2020, 7:32:10 AM
: Environmental Science
Job Classification: Part-Time Regular
US WA Bellevue - 112th Ave NE
1100 112th Ave NE, Suite 500
Capabilities: Environmental Technology