Jacobs has a growing Landscape Architecture team in the Pacific Northwest, and we are looking for someone who can bring their expertise to this innovative and exciting team. The successful candidate will be involved in the continuing development, implementation and management of landscape architecture projects across a wide range of types, from urban and transportation projects, environmental restoration, and green infrastructure design.
This position will report to Jacobs Northwest office. Candidate will report to the Bellevue office but can be physically located within the Pacific Northwest region and work remotely. The candidate will support a wide variety of projects. Some of the responsibilities in this position may include:
• Providing critical analysis to identify site constraints and opportunities to inform design
• Preparing plans, details and reports for relevant project design elements.
• Utilizing relevant software programs in preparing exhibits and complex working drawings; continue developing skills using software programs for design and drafting
• Preparing and/or managing illustrative exhibits for project proposals, concept development, and public presentations.
• Communicating design concepts and technical information to clients, stakeholders, permitting agencies, and internal team members
• Working in a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment, working closely with engineers, landscape architects, architects, planners, and biologists
Here's What You'll Need:
• Masters or Bachelors degree from an accredited Landscape Architecture program
• 3 to 7 years of experience as a landscape architect and/or landscape designer
• 2+ years of experience in the Pacific NW.
• Experience with planting, hardscape, and irrigation design
• Strong graphic ability, and proficiency with AutoCAD and Photoshop
• Technically focused with demonstrated experience with developing Contract Documents, including plans, details, and specifications
• Knowledge of the native plant communities of the Pacific Northwest, as well as well adapted and non-invasive ornamental species well adapted to this region
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with co-workers, contractors, and other internal and external associates
• Staff must reside in the Pacific Northwest and must be capable of meeting project-specific workload demands.
Ideally, you'll also have:
• Proficiency with MicroStation, ArcGIS, Revit or Sketch-up
• Professionally licensed as a Landscape Architect in WA state
• Certified as an ISA Arborist
• Demonstrated project experience in environmental mitigation, including stream restoration and wetland creation and enhancement
• Demonstrated project experience implementing green storm water infrastructure in urban environmentsJacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue-US WA Bellevue - 112th Ave NE SET 500
Job Posting: Dec 2, 2020, 7:33:00 AM
Job: Architecture & Interiors
Job Type: Experienced
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US WA Bellevue - 112th Ave NE SET 500
1100 112th AVE NE, STE 500
Capabilities: Architecture and Interiors