Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We are looking for a Mid-Level I&C Engineer for our Birmingham, AL office to execute exciting and challenging projects throughout the region.
The I&C Engineer will work alongside project teams and under the direction of a local senior I&C engineer to perform the following tasks:
• Utilize PLC Control systems, SCADA systems, and Human Machine Interface software to effectively design and implement instrumentation and control systems for large water/wastewater projects.
• Provide programming support for water, wastewater, municipal, and industrial clients in our local office and at client sites.
• Design and troubleshoot SCADA and Operational Technology networks including PLCs, servers/workstation, network switches and firewalls.
• Utilize network monitoring and anti-virus software to access network risks and vulnerabilities.
• Prepare specifications and drawings, write control system descriptions, perform startup and commissioning activities.
• Conduct site visits and testing and make recommendations for control systems improvements and designs.
• Work with other engineering disciplines on large, complex projects design projects to incorporate equipment, process, and facility control concepts.
• Collaborate on proposals and contribute to client relationships and business development efforts.
• Select and troubleshoot field process instruments.
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work in a fast-paced consulting environment with multiple deadlines.
• Drive ownership of health & safety in all aspects of project execution, office and personal environments.
Here's What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience in PLC control systems, P&ID development, control system architecture development, SCADA systems and networks.
• Experience with industrial PLC programming and hardware implementation (Allen Bradley PLC, Modicon or Siemens preferred)
• Experience commissioning of SCADA systems, including troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques to maintain high availability of SCADA systems
• Professional Engineer License in Alabama and/or Tennessee or ability to obtain PE licenses in those states within one year.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in PLC control systems is preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
: United States-Alabama-Birmingham-US AL Birmingham - 11th Ave S.
: Dec 2, 2020, 9:51:06 PM
Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
US AL Birmingham - 11th Ave S.
2112 Eleventh Avenue South, Suite 320
Capabilities: Water and Wastewater