SAIC, a leading provider of systems development & deployment, targeting & intelligence analysis, systems engineering & integration, and training capabilities and solutions for the Intelligence Community, is seeking creative and dedicated professionals to fulfill their career goals and objectives while delivering mission excellence on programs of national importance. Join our team today as we Redefine Ingenuity!
This position is a part of a small team of 8 developers made up of multiple specific domain expertise. The candidate for this position will be embedded with the targeting teams will be expected, amongst other things, to apply and improve existing methods while developing new methods for all-source quantitative analysis of internal and external data stores and systems to highlight, characterize, and identify individuals, groups, and organization of interest on the basis of analysis of datasets from multiple sources to aid and inform targeting effectiveness and capabilities.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, operations research, computer science, or science from an accredited College or University or relevant experience OR 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree, and a minimum of 9 years of experience conducting technical targeting analysis
- Must have minimum of 4 year of IC experience in some form of applied quantitative analysis to include, but not limited to, use of methods such as checksums, geocode analysis, cluster analysis, identity number decision tree analysis, forecasting, time series analysis, fraud detection, econometrics, statistical analysis, genetic algorithms, analysis of variance, machine learning, or geospatial analytics
- Must have minimum of 4 years experience reviewing and preparing data for analysis, such as removing duplicates, managing date values, analyzing and treating missing values, cleansing name values of diacritical marks and punctuation, and creating new variables through Boolean logic or mathematic operations
- Must have minimum of 4 years experience using some form of automated method for queries, sorts, frequency distributions, and match-merge operations
- Must have minimum of 4 years experience analyzing frequency distributions, pivot tables and graphs of data such as visa applications, border crossing, personal identification, travel activity, cellular telephone usage, financial transactions, biometrics or other individual characteristics or behaviors
- Must have experience with database methods to reduce the CPU time and memory needed for queries, sorts, and match-merge operations with very large datasets
- Must have experience writing VDA code macros in Excel using link analysis software such as Analyst Notebook
- Must have experience working with subject matter experts to frame intelligence questions and determine the scope of analysis
- Must have experience in some form of software engineering including, but not limited to, use of operating systems capabilities such as Job Scheduling and Inter Process messaging as well as an understanding of the Web service technologies and S/W development using any object-oriented programming language for the IC
- Must have experience in working with Agile and Scrum development cycles using a scientific programming language such as R or a comparable program
- Must have experience with visualization tools, such as, Tableau, Pivotal Chorus, MADlib products, graphs generated with R
- Must have minimum of 2 years experience using and creating Structured Query Language (SQL) to include creating/querying tables, joining tables, extracting data across multiple datasets
- Must be creative problem solver and critical thinking skills.