SAIC is currently looking for AEGIS Computer Network Technician based in Norfolk. VA.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Provide on-site field engineering and technical support services for Mid Atlantic Regional Maintenance Center (MARMC) Code 296.
• Provide technical support, and assistance to conduct inspections and assessments on the Aegis Computer Networks to include, but not limited to Local Area Networks, Switch Blade Servers, Routers, VME Chassis Structure, Fiber Optics, and Digital Interfaces on the Aegis Baselines 7.1. 7,1.R, 7.2, 8,1 and 9.A0.
• Perform functional checks and program review support for Aegis Computers/Networks on the baselines as stated above.
• Identify and correct system faults/anomalies in Aegis Computers/Networks on the baselines as stated above.
• Assist other Codes at MARMC with AEGIS LAN connectivity issues. Provide onboard maintenance training to ship ' s force technicians in the operation, repair and maintenance of the Aegis Computers/Networks described above.
• BS and 1 year experience or High School graduate or GED and 4 years experience.
• Hold and maintain a DOD SECRET clearance
• Minimum of 3 years experience with AEGIS Computer Networks and 6 years Naval experience
• Cyber Security Work Force certification, such as CompTIA Security+ or CompTIA A+ or higher
• Minimum of six years of specialized experience operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and testing of (AEGIS-like) Computer Networks
• Proficient using UNIX. LINUX, REDHAT, REDHAWK and CISCO IOS
• Experience with general and special purpose electronic test equipment to perform both organizational and intermediate level maintenance
• A graduate of NAVY Aegis Computer Network C School or commercial Network System Administrator equivalent
• Having attained special skills such as basic soldering,wire wrap and connectorization skills
• Possess and maintain a valid CPR Certification from a Nationally Accepted organization
• Possess and maintain a valid Passport