SAIC is seeking a subject matter expert (SME) in ground systems engineering and development (as part of an overall space-based mission) to join the NUO contract. NUO contract support is part of the customer team focused on all aspects of the systems life cycle including CONOPS development, capturing requirements, working with developers to deliver capability, testing to ensure capabilities meet requirements, transition to operations and operations support. The program comprises of 90 FTE supporting several locations in the Northern Virginia region.
The SME will advise the government on all technical aspects associated with all ground segment functions including external interfaces, space to ground interfaces, mission planning, mission data processing, system testing support, problem resolution, sustainment, acquisition strategy development and execution. As the ground systems expert, work with government, other program SETA, development contractors, external mission partners and their contractor support to help manage ongoing projects focused on systems enhancements and/or sustainment.
• TS/SCI w/poly
• BS in Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent) with 14+ years of relevant experience. Additional relevant experience can be substituted for BS degree.
• Recent experience working development of ground segments as part of overall space based mission.
• Must be a team player and possess a strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team as well as work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work with customers providing detailed and unbiased feedback, guidance, and recommendations
• Good time management skills; ability to support multiple projects; ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be proactive and forward leaning.
• Experience with NUO customer missions
• Significant experience with mission planning and command & control segment SW/HW systems.
• Understanding of space-based RF communications methods, hardware/software
• Experience Digital Signal Processing and processing segment hardware/software systems and waveform development