Definitive Logic is seeking an experienced AWS Cloud Architect in the Arlington, VA area to support technical architecture and data operations lifecycle development for a Department of Defense (DoD) data services project. The purpose of the project is to implement a scalable cloud-based data platform to provide data driven insight into operating and support costs for DoD major weapons systems.
- Provide technical architecture leadership across the engineering lifecycle (analyze, design, build, test, deploy, support) for the AWS based data platform.
- Develop detailed designs, data flow diagrams, data health reports, and other required contract deliverables.
- Evaluate and recommend AWS services and third-party software to support requirements across security, networking, ETL, storage, automated deployment, testing, etc.
- Participate in requirements gathering and translation to functional/technical requirements.
- Work closely with functional and other development leads to meet schedule and other constraints.
- Participate in DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) process to successfully obtain required Authority to Operate.
- Train and mentor junior cloud engineers.
- Attend daily and/or weekly project status meetings.
- BS Degree and 7+ years of relevant experience.
- US Citizen.
- Solution architecture experience in AWS (5+ years).
- Data warehouse (Kimball) design and implementation experience (5+ years).
- Documentation of data models, data flows and creation of system diagrams.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and possessing a track record across various life-cycle phases (cross-functional experience highly desirable).
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to understand/learn new technologies when encountered.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Master of Business Administration or Information Systems degree.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect Associate or Professional (preferred) certification.
- Experience implementing AWS data services, e.g., Glue, Redshift, in AWS.
- Experience creating System Interface Agreements.
- Exposure to Qlik Sense.
- Security+ or equivalent certification.
- Candidate must possess an active DoD Secret Clearance.