SAIC seeks a Joint Operations Planner with an active TS/SCI (to join a highly specialized team supporting Headquarters US Cyber Command leadership onsite at Ft. Meade, MD. The Joint Operations Planner will be given wide responsibility to facilitate allied and coalition deliberate operations planning and greatly influence our nations’ development of key non-kinetic, national-security capabilities.
This is an opportunity to help meet some of the most important national security challenges of our time, and become a member of a close-knit team—for the long-term—within the greater SAIC National Security family.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Apply in-depth knowledge of national policy, DoD doctrine, and rigorous planning methods against current and important strategic and operational situations. Perform detailed research and analysis to develop recommendations on methods to enhance the coordination and deconfliction of Cyberspace operations with the client's partners.
- Engaging in planning efforts within the staff and in association with higher, lower, adjacent, and multi-national headquarters and the interagency. Liaison with staffs of other agencies and components to keep abreast of current operational situations.
- Preparing and delivering written and verbal recommendations to the USCYBERCOM Commander and staff on supported combatant commander’s plans and orders that relate to and may impact the AFCYBER mission.
- Performing pre-event, on-site coordination, and post-event activities and develop Cyberspace operations topics for discussion during Cyberspace forums.
- Perform, as necessary, intelligence research, analysis, and writing that supports, and is consistent with, the client's requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree.
- Proven expertise with the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP).
- Experience in evaluating and developing Concepts of Operations (CONOPS).
- History of working with and coordinating plans with Combatant Commands and Service Headquarters.
- Experience fusing disparate information into cogent analysis.
- Familiarity with the Joint Targeting Process.
- Very effective verbal and written communication skills.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity or experience with the Intelligence Community to determine and assess relevant reporting.
- Experience with service and joint exercises and/or wargames.
- Active TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph