Join SAIC and the Intelligence Community by providing support to the National Counterintelligence & Security Center’s mission, by managing the NCSC and community databases to ensure system availability, readiness, and responsiveness; as well as reducing vulnerabilities in accordance with all applicable policies and procedures. The CI community’s critical databases will rely on you!
Duties include monitoring, analyzing, configuring, testing, and reporting database conditions to ensure successful database development and maintenance associated with the following:
- Developing new databases, as required, and updating existing databases;
- Developing simulations and exercises to test readiness responses and communication channels;
- Responding to user requests for assistance in database integration and development; and
- Assisting with managing and maintaining clearance reciprocity systems.
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- A Degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Database Administration, Geographic Information Systems, Information Security, Information Technology (IT), IT Management, Network Administration, Software Development, Technical Writing, or Web Design & Development. Level of degree and required experience combinations are the following:
- Doctorate (PhD) and eight (8) years of experience; or
- Masters degree and ten (10) years of experience; or
- Bachelors degree and 12 years of experience; or
- Associates degree and 14 years of experience; or
- High School/GED and 16 years of experience; or
- No Degree and 20 year of experience.
- Demonstrated relevant expertise supporting U.S. Federal Government as a Database Engineer, with handson experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in each of these areas (and they may be concurrent with the requisite years noted above):
- Working knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Working knowledge of statistical packages for analyzing large datasets.
- Ability to effectively establish and execute strategic priorities and critical tasks, demonstrating problemsolving skills and algorithmic thinking.
- An active TS/SCI and CI Poly Clearance.