Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Space Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and environmental monitoring (EM) capabilities. These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage.
Our Remote Sensing Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Test and Verification Lead with test and verification planning, and mission integration experience in Department of Defense (DoD) space-based and ground systems. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to support the strategic planning and tactical execution of test and verification activities. Candidate will provide test, verification and integration expertise in support of the Space and Missile Systems Center’s (SMC) MW and EM mission areas.
Major duties of the position include:
- Execute test planning, test execution, and test closure for requirement verification
- Support analysis and simulation activities to ensure MW and EM systems end-to-end performance
- Lead the development of test & evaluation master planning documents that guide the strategic test approach for MW and EM capability areas
- Support quality Integrated Test Team (ITT) and other Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings and actions
- Working closely with internal and Government stakeholders to develop, review and release test and verification plans to support fielding decisions for MW and EM systems
- Supporting and reviewing external requirements verification events and generating metrics/reports on requirements verification status
- Support test article tracking, deficiency reporting and test report generation
- Analyze and support MW and EM verification and validation test activities
- Participate in risk mitigation test activities system integration demonstrations and Modeling & Simulation
- Coordinate test activities with implementing contractors and staff from SE&I, Government, and Federal Funded Research organizations
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Science or Engineering with 14+ years of demonstrated test and verification experience with space, ground, operations and sustainment segments of DoD, NSA, or NRO programs with a proven delivery record.
- Experience working across space and ground segment organizations to coordinate and identify system requirements that ensure end-to-end mission performance requirements are met.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable working, interfacing, and interrelating with diverse personnel and dynamic teams.
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
- Demonstrated experience working with Space Force/Air Force/DoD customers in an acquisition environment, with space and/or ground systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational and interpersonal skills
- MW and EM Mission experience is highly desirable.
- Master’s Degree