We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Cloud Application Architect to join our team for an exciting and challenging opportunity with SAIC.
The Senior Cloud Application Architect must have experience in the management of small, high performance technical teams working in development and operations of cloud and other virtualized environments. Must have significant in depth understanding of and experience with the creation of and use of cloud based resources; as well as the migration of legacy systems to cloud. Must be able to identify strategies for addressing requirements. Must have extensive experience with analysis of requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance issues. Must have extensive experience taking in program requirements and be able to create an architecture vision having experience in high volume and high availability networks and systems.
Experienced in creating and conveying to team members the architectural vision for a program or project. Is responsible for dictating design choices to software and system solution developers, including but not limited to: platforms, deployment platform and virtualized environment solutions. Experience in establishing and enforcing standards and practices. Oversees the development of all Cloud Architecture services for the client. Has extensive software and hardware development experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of programming languages as well as development and deployment platforms.
Business Development and Client Facing Responsibilities:
Fills a technical leadership role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to build quality infrastructure solutions that meet the requirements and advises clients on Unisys Solution offerings, strategy, designs, specific technologies, implementation approaches and alternatives / tradeoffs.
- Leads a Cloud Architecture technical team, overseeing all of the team’s technical tasks, requirements and deliverables.
- Works with the Cloud Architecture and Development team to make sure they understand and support all client processes and milestones.
- Leads or supports delivery of advisory services, strategic planning activities, and business case development within the assigned Unisys portfolio areas and infrastructure disciplines such as application / storage platforms, databases, networks, security and IT processes / operations / governance. Mentors junior architects on advisory services delivery.
- Assumes a leadership position on and uses understanding of Unisys Portfolio Resources for new business opportunities. Performs responsibilities including Portfolio solution proposal management, solution design, solution review, risk analysis, proposal preparation and client presentations.
- Provides technical oversight for or develops technical estimates created with standards tools, portfolio Work Breakdown Structures, statements of work and industry standard estimating techniques.
- Uses portfolio solution knowledge and Portfolio Center resources to lead or support the technical portion of the bid process including design reviews, bid reviews, portfolio component selection, development case definition and system integration approach.
- Analyzes and evaluates client requirements against portfolio offerings and performs build vs. buy analysis.
- Architects a complete solution using appropriate portfolio offerings with design elements that allow integration into client environment.
- Refine and optimize infrastructure architectural models and creates architectural prototypes as required. Reviews the architectural artifacts and/or technology plans produced by junior architects.
- Adheres to appropriate SDF processes, architectural artifact requirements and architectural best practices.
- Is responsible for the solution integrity within the assigned solution area for the engagement.
- Coordinates architect resources on all sized projects to develop the infrastructure architecture.
- Maintains knowledge of technologies, industry trends, standards and design techniques.
Service Delivery Responsibilities
Fills an architect functional role with in-depth portfolio related technology specialization to develop or refine infrastructure solution designs based on Unisys portfolio offerings and interfaces with the client on all issues related to the design, implementation, testing and cutover of the solution.
- Works with client stakeholders to evaluate the solution requirements and supports the management and traceability of requirements during the engagement
- Acts as a subject matter expert resource to clients on Portfolio Solution processes, required products, product configuration, solution integration, implementation methodologies, resource requirements and implementation timelines.
- Interfaces to all levels of the client’s organization on solution implementation progress, technical issues, proper practices and technical requirements.
- Acts as a key contact for medium to large client portfolio solution implementations including oversight of multiple engagements within the assigned portfolio area.
- Promotes the use of Unisys standard SDF methods, tools and processes for the client engagement
- Develop and refine infrastructure design models using Unisys standard asset discovery and infrastructure modeling tools. Leads or supports design peer reviews and internal project reviews.
- US Citizenship Required.
- Bachelors, Master’s Degree or equivalent required (to qualify for minimum GSA requirements).
- Fifteen (15) + years of experience.
- Experienced with Cloud Migration Strategy, Planning, and Migration activities.
- Architect or developer certifications in Google cloud technologies.
- Experience delivering solutions to major Federal Programs.
Target salary range: $135,001 - $145,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.