SAIC is currently looking for a Launch Systems Engineer to provide oversight for avionics in support to the Falcon launch vehicle (SpaceX) design. The position will provide support to the Space and Missile Center (SMC) Launch Directorate (ECL) in El Segundo CA.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
Analyze and review designs and test plans, processes, procedures, functional and data requirements analysis, system analysis, and documentation preparation for complex systems. Areas of specialization include Guidance and Navigation systems, control systems, communications systems, digital communication protocol, electrical power distribution, control and transmission devices, signal processing, and instrumentation. Principal activities include assessment and evaluation of launch vehicle system performance involving support to engineering review boards, launch readiness reviews, anomaly review boards, day of launch efforts, testing and troubleshooting. Additional activities include:
- Provide systems and technical engineering support to the U.S. Space Force Launch Enterprise programs.
- Evaluation/design and performance assessments of launch vehicle and range systems and sub-system technologies.
- Conduct and coordinate sub-system engineering review boards; develop and present reports summarizing assessments and results.
- Coordinate approval of reports and generate system-level risks from these review boards.
- Evaluate and track system and sub-system issues and configuration changes.
- Review and evaluate results of sub-system testing.
- Interface with multiple teams and government organizations-coordinate multi-agency reports and studies to apply to current Space Force efforts.
- Plan and support technical and schedule review meetings to include configuration control boards, technical review boards, and other systems review meetings as needed. Prepare and present briefings, data and results at these meetings.
- Consolidate and coordinate data and results from other team members and report directly on a routine basis with the Space Force customer.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Clearance level: Secret
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or STEM field
- At least 15 years of experience as a system engineer with background and knowledge in avionics, guidance navigation & control (GNC), and software
- Have an understanding of SpaceX’s launch vehicle processes and practices, launch site preparations flow and day-of-launch procedures
- Participated with senior managers to establish plans and objectives
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
- Masters degree in Engineering or STEM Field
- Quality engineering certifications
- INCOSE certification
- Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious