SAIC is seeking Spectrum/Surveillance Engineers to support our FAA Air Traffic Engineering and Program Support (ATEPS) customers. The responsibilities include performing highly technical functions, such as spectrum Engineering, radar system engineering, network architecture & engineering, enterprise architecture, and satellite system engineering. The programs supporting will consist of: Non-Cooperative Radar Systems, Cooperative Radar Systems, and Surveillance and Broadcast Services (SBS).
Successful candidates will:
- Support the activities associated with the planning, acquisition, implementation and operation of various surveillance systems and capabilities
- Provide consulting and advisory services to project teams, operations and engineering teams to ensure solutions are aligned with the business direction, to determine system requirements and to provide advice as well as directly assist in the analysis, design, and implementation of initiatives and projects
- Adapt and apply applicable technical processes and procedures to support the development of plans and documentation related to system implementation
- Contribute to the development of program/project schedules, budgets, and standards.
- Coordinate with various stakeholders on all matters pertinent to the successful lifecycle management of the program or functional area. Employs creativity, foresight, and mature judgment to plan, organize, and guide complex programs for which approaches and precedents may be unclear or non-existent.
- A B.S. in an engineering discipline or technical field is required.
- Minimum of 20 years related professional experience including at least 5 years of experience working with the FAA
- Direct experience with the operations, installation and/or decommissioning of FAA surveillance systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Must demonstrate highly technical and managerial expertise and be fully knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of NAS programs, system and related functional areas.
- Ability to satisfy FAA resume and security processes
US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance