SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented System Administrator (Applications) to join our team in Arlington, VA, supporting the DISA-JSP customer.
• Deployment and operational support for a portfolio of web applications, monitoring security and operations, and assisting in the support of a suite of development tools
• Installation and updating of software platforms and development tools
• Monitor operational availability of production applications by utilizing and implementing automated failure alerts
• Detecting and correcting operational issues
• Planning for and testing new versions of supported platforms
• Tracking down problems relating to issues in the computing environment, such as network or security problems.
• Developing scripts to automate, when possible, frequently performed tasks
• Conduct capacity and performance planning
• Develop and perform automated deployment and upgrade procedures/script
• Working with application deployments, upgrades, data migrations, and patches
• Participate in technical bridge calls
• Be able to multitask multiple projects and prioritize work to support mission and customer requirements
Required Education/Skills/Years of Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience with Minimum of 5 years of relevant IT work experience (additional 5 years of pertinent experience in lieu of a degree)
• Experience with installing, configuring, and administrating large complex Apps in O&M environments (Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), Internet Information Services (IIS), Oracle/SQL
• Experience with DISA STIGs preferred)
• This position requires an active DOD Top Secret clearance.
• United States citizenship
• Possess DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Certification IAW established mandate prior to start of work - IAT Level II required (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP); IAT Level III is desirable (CASP+ CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH). Applicants not meeting this requirement will not be considered
Desired Education/Skills/Years of Experience:
• Excellent oral and written skills, with an ability to understand and predict customer behavior and response to communication
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Experience scripting deployment and management activities to support applications creating and consuming Platform Services environments
• Demonstrated strong experience in the engineering, migration, troubleshooting, and support of Web Applications, Client/Server applications, and deployment scripting to assist in deploying applications to software defined networks and data centers.
• Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency, and ease
• Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Demonstrated capacity for gathering and scrutinizing data to identify issues, opportunities and patterns