SAIC is seeking a Weapon System Engineer to provide support to the Department of Defense (DoD).
The Engineer will provide support and assess Acquisition Category (ACAT) ID programs and other special interest programs. Using knowledge of weapons systems acquisition, warfighting domains and technology areas, the candidate will participate in Independent Technical Risk Assessments (https://ac.cto.mil/itra/) and System Engineering Technical Reviews. The reviews look at various weapon system domains including Fixed Wing, Rotary Wing, Land Systems, Missiles and Bombs, Ships/Submarine, Space and Missile Defense, Unmanned Aircraft Systems and Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4SIR) types of systems for the Department of Defense (DoD). The Engineer will consider the full spectrum of technology, manufacturing, engineering, and integration risk. These areas could include mission capability, technology, system development, MOSA, software, security, manufacturing, sustainment, and their potential impact on cost, schedule, and performance.
- Provide technical expertise and support in specific warfighting platform domains as lead action officer (AO) for the customer’s review team. In particular, identify engineering-related issues and risks; perform root cause analysis; and recommend issue recovery plans or risk mitigation plans to the customer regarding programs under review.
- Advise and support customer leadership on the formulation and coordination of DoD Engineering policies, guidance, and activities to implement the DoD’s chartered responsibilities for enabling DoD systems engineering.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree and eightheen (18) years of experience;Master’s degree and sixteen (16) years of experience in STEM or related field
- At least 10 years of experience supporting MDAP/ACAT I-D programs and the DoD acquisition process
- Ten years of experience overseeing engineering activities (e.g., requirements, design, integration, and test)
- Eight years of experience supporting DoD MDAPs, developmental test and evaluation, and systems engineering and analysis in one or more of the following areas: Air Warfare, Cyber and Information Systems, Land and Expeditionary Warfare, Naval Warfare, or Space and Missile Defense.
- Familiarity with the DoDI 5000 series, to include the Defense Acquisition Guide (DAG)
- Prior OSD/PEO Staff-level experience desired
- Demonstrated experience in planning, briefing (written and verbal) and coordinating senior-level technical reviews, panels, or similar meetings with diverse participants.
- Active TS/SCI level clearance
- Demonstrated Industry/DoD leadership in the engineering technical field 10 years active duty military experience
- DAWIA Level 3 (PM, T&E, SE)
- Certified System Engineering Professional
- Certified Test & Evaluation Professional