SAIC is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to support our team in the DCMV area. The Lead Software Engineer at SAIC's Identity and Data Sciences Laboratories (IDSL) will develop cutting edge software tools to facilitate state of the art applied research. These tools will be used to gather, process, and store biometric data, such as face, fingerprint, and iris images, to evaluate the performance of commercial biometric and identity systems. The IDSL operates the Maryland Test Facility (MdTF; http://mdtf.org) a recognized leader in large scale technology testing as well as a cloud-based biometric analytic environment (CBAE) to perform biometric evaluations on operational data spanning billions of records. The candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team and will take a leadership role in building new tools for acquiring and processing biometric data spanning both on-premises and cloud-based systems.
In this position, the Lead Software Engineer will:
- Thrive on being on the critical path and will work independently to solve abstract problems and adapt to changing requirements.
- Architect, develop, test, deploy and maintain software to facilitate reliable data acquisition, processing, storage, and complex analytics.
- Work in a diverse team, interfacing daily with people of diverse skills and backgrounds.
This position is remote. Post-COVID19, up to 20% travel is expected to the DC metropolitan area.
- Bachelors (or 4 years equivalent practical experience) and six (6) years or more experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience; PhD and two (2) years or more experience.
- Must be a US Citizen due to clearance.
- Experience in Go, Python, or Java.
- Experience developing, deploying, and monitoring microservice-based distributed systems.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments, CI/CD tools, databases and information processing systems, cloud-based systems, networking, software security.
- Master’s or higher degree in engineering, computer science, or other technical field.
- Experience working in a research environment.
- Experience deploying and managing open source tools.
- Interest and ability to learn new technical skills including coding languages as needed.
Target salary range: $145,001 - $155,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.